Funny problem, frozen data - solved and again, unsolved

This morning, WD started to flatline for no apparent reason. The data displayed on the console were correct but there was no movement on the computer display or the numeric data on the computer. I checked all connections were OK. I rebooted, no difference. I tried everything I could think of, to no avail. Everything was stuck at the values of about 8 am. I then went into Station type and Settings; the correct things were checked, still no realtime data. I then disabled the station type, put in a different one, then erased that and re checked the right boxes for the system. Lo and behold, by some miracle, I was importing the right data!

Two hours wasted!

I’ve had plenty of flatlines, but never had to change station type to cure it! Restarting WD usually does the trick.

@ Devil
you do not say what weather station type this was for

Quite right, Brian. I didn’t because I thought to myself that if it can happen with one type, what is there to stop it happening with any other? As it happens, it was with Aercus WH3081 + solar/UV.

I do not follow your reasoning
there are very large differences between weather station types when it comes to the connection from the hardware to the pc

one common problem is windows powering down the USB

It happened again, flatlining only, this time, I could not find a work-around. Rebooting and re-installing in same file did nothing. All the variables were fixed with fantasy values (e.g., temp was permanently about 20.5

next time, if you could .zip and email me your settings files and I will test here with my VP

Thanks, Brian, will do!