Incorporating eclipses

Version 2017, Build 1.3 can incorporate the effects of eclipses (you have to enter the eclipse basic info). It DOES work, but user feedback and my own attempts today have revealed an oversight: WXSIM “forgets” some of the eclipse data if you close the program and reopen it. I can fix this, but I need to do it carefully!

Meanwhile, as long as you open the eclipse form and click OK, at least once after opening WXSIM, the eclipse should work. This works well if you don’t close WXSIM between runs, but it’s annoying to have to remember to do if you close the program after each forecast.

I will try to take care of this in the next day or so. I’m very eager to see how it does, because - as far as I can tell - GFS doesn’t “know” there’s an eclipse!

Thanks!

Tom

I think I now have WXSIM remembering all of the eclipse data, even whehn you close it. Here’s the new version (just the main .exe), which is 2017 Build 1.4:

www.wxsim.com/wxsim.exe

Let me know if that works!

Tom

Tom,

I just tried Build 1.4 and it works. The temps across the Eclipse period decrease now. Thanks very much for the quick fix.

Steve

Tom

Working nicely here with a temp drop during the partial eclipse here.

Thanks

Cheers

:smiley:

MikeyM

Here is what today looked like in NE Ohio!

Guy

Thanks for those reports! I’d love to see more! It worked well here in Atlanta! Not that I was in Atlanta, though!! :slight_smile:

Tom,

The eclipse forecast worked very well here in Saskatoon. We had 70% coverage at 11:43. Here are some graphs showing the affect on my weather. We had absolutely clear skies, perfect for taking pictures and making a video.

More pics to follow in another reply.

More eclipse graphs

one more graph and a pic of the 70% coverage.

eclipse.png