Screenshot Graph Blacked Out FOLLOW UP

Hopefully somebody can help me out. I’ve been uploading my screenshot on my website for some time with no issues. However, recently the graph display is blacked out . After correcting the problem, it will reoccur Usually within a day or two.

Please visit www.bobsvp2wd.net

Thanks

Bob

any error under view, program event log. when it happens?

No event logs errors recorded.

what has changed?
(you say it was OK but now is not)

Hi Brian, the screenshot issue has been problem for sometime. However, I would just correct the problem by resetting the image thru “Customise Internet and File Creation Setup.” This fixed the problem, but the issue would reoccur at random on uploads maybe once every week or longer. I can live with this, but now its much more frequent. It seems I’m resetting the screenshot about everyday. So to answer your question on what has changed? I honestly don’t have an answer. Perhaps, maybe it could be a conflict with my antivirus software… I’m using Malwarebytes, which is set to automatically update. I’m not doing any other updates (including the operating system),
or loading any other programs on this computer. This computer only runs WD. Perhaps maybe a background program is conflicting with WD…??

I’ll go ahead and reset the image right now just to see how long it lasts.

I’m running the latest version of WD
OS is windows Vista.

Thanks

Bob

I would just correct the problem by resetting the image thru "Customise Internet and File Creation Setup."
what is the exact steps you are doing to rectify the problem?

When this happens look on your WD PC at the index.gif file which should be in your /webfiles subfolder. Is that image complete, or is it missing the graphs too? This will help us understand if the problem is WD’s generation of the file, or if it’s getting corrupted during the upload.

1. Select control panel in WD
  2. Select Internet File Creation & Uploads
  3. Select Screen Image File
  4. Select create this now

After step 4 I notice the thumbnail setup image will then correct itself and display the graphs in the screenshot thumbnail correctly.

5)Select upload this file now
6)Select save

Hi Niko, I did look in the WD web files subfolder and the image looks complete;but I’ll take a look again when this problem reoccurs. One thing I might add, is not only is the graphs in the screenshot corrupt on my website, but also the screenshot image on my PC display. Also, the corrupt graphs can be random after correcting the problem. Sometimes it might be the windspeed section of the graph, or just the temp section, or both.

All is working now because I’ve went thru my steps of correcting the problem. Now I’m just going to wait and see how long it takes for this problem to reoccur.

Thanks

Bob

OK, it happened again… I looked at the webfiles subfolder and the screenshot image is missing the graphs. I looked at the log files and I finally got an error message… “error with main form custom screen image Cannot open file “C:\wdisplay\webfiles\animatedhttpfile.gif”. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.” Once again this problem is very random. It worked fine since I reloaded the Screenshot back on the 16th of this month. http://bobsvp2wd.net

Thanks

Bob

OK, that is where the problem is
you must have set to have that animated image on your screen,C:\wdisplay\webfiles\animatedhttpfile.gif
and sometimes there is a file clash
I will put some more error checking code around that and you can test

actually that error is an error trap
what is probably happening is that the image file is corrupted and is all black and bigger than it should be or similar
what could do is set it to not visible if that error occurs

try
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip
re idea above

Ok, I’ve tried everything I can think of but still having problems with the graphs. Here are some of the errors in the event log…

ERROR: 3 System.SysUtils at time/date 5:34:1:260 09/21/2017
ERROR: 3 System.SysUtils at time/date 9:49:1:103 09/21/2017
ERROR: 3 System.SysUtils at time/date 13:49:1:267 09/21/2017
ERROR: 3 System.SysUtils at time/date 16:49:0:860 09/21/2017
ERROR: 3 System.SysUtils at time/date 21:34:1:704 09/21/2017
ERROR: List index out of bounds (41) System.SysUtils at time/date 3:34:7:320 09/22/2017
ERROR: 3 System.SysUtils at time/date 10:49:0:676 09/22/2017 I’ve
ERROR: 3 System.SysUtils at time/date 12:4:0:710 09/22/2017
ERROR: 3 System.SysUtils at time/date 17:34:1:110 09/22/2017

Or I’ve been getting this error…

ERROR: List index out of bounds (41) System.SysUtils at time/date 23:4:7:420 09/29/2017
ERROR: 3 System.SysUtils at time/date 8:34:1:583 09/30/2017
ERROR: 3 System.SysUtils at time/date 13:49:1:418 09/30/2017

Its very random. Sometimes I might have no problems for several days, or the error can occur within hours.

Here is a screenshot image when error occurs.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maxwell_dugen/36792918803/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maxwell_dugen/37205102240/in/dateposted-public/
Thanks

Bob

you can use the PrtScr key on the keyboard and then paste that screen shot captured image into Paint
crop/edit and save
easy

I see you have set to show a sat image on the screen
via the main screen customisation
that might be a cause of the problem
in any case, do try the latest .zip update as I have improved a couple of things

If you have Windows Vista or later you can use the Snipping Tool to grab whole or partial screenshots.

Ok thanks Brian… I’ll make corrections when I get home.
Things have been getting more unstable running WD… I don’t know why??
The computer has been for whatever reason shutting down. Who knows, problem could be with Windows. I restarted WD @ 4:45am and last WD update was at 5:00am.

Thanks

Bob

it could be a problem with memory on the pc
or the hard drive

Hi Brian… Is this the latest Zip update???

Weather Display ,.zip update v 10.37S Build 57
for Windows XP (with updates),VISTA/W7/8/8.1/10 (unzip to where WD is installed and note the new .exe name, WeatherDisplay.exe)
Version on 28 September 2017 - 20:25:42

Thanks

Bob

OK, So I got home and started windows. Windows displayed no errors, but acted like it was in sleep mode. I noticed that WD screenshot scrolling forecast was scrolling incredibly fast, and WD was not receiving data from the Davis console. WD event log file didn’t display any errors. Had to restart WD to correct problem…

Thanks

Bob