FTP error

For the past 2 weeks, I’ve had issues with ‘FTP stopped working’. My web page http://www.jstevengibsondds.com/weather/Office.htm is not working. I can access my data on my android phone with the WD app, and my data is uploaded to CWOP. This happens about 4-10x a day. And I don’t think anything with my setup has changed. I’m on 10.37S55 .
Attached is the error message and my logs for the 2 ftp icons. And a screen shot of my setup in WD.
I’m not even sure where to start to solve this. Any help?
Thanks!
Steve

FTP stopped.JPG

the first picture you have posted is an error occuring with the normal ftp program
(ftpupd.exe)
the next picture is of the actual real time ftp program (clientrawrealtimeftp)
and that shows problems occuring with the data connection to your ftp host (which is where I would be looking for a solution if nothing has changed on your end)

Brian,
What I don’t understand is why files are uploaded for CWOP and my WD app. But yet my web page is completely blank. Doesn’t the file for the app come from my upload? Perhaps cwop is done differently. I’m just not sure how to check the FTP.
thanks.
steve

CWOP is not updated via FTP
and I think you are refering to the clientraw.txt file for the other question, which is uploaded with the clientrawrealtimeftp.exe

if you could .zip and email me your settings files

I’m sorry, Brian, but i’m not sure where the ‘settings files’ are located. I looked in the WD directory and in the program itself, but can’t find it. Thanks in advance.
steve

Will this help? It’s the FTP log.
steve

FTP error log.txt (24.1 KB)

there is a FAQ on how to send me the settings files

425 Could not open data connection to port 57921: No route to host 141: FTP protocol error: 425 Could not open data connection to port 57921: No route to host Changing back to original dir for this file

you could try setting to use passive mode in the connection setup in WD

also it looks like you have set to use a different remote directory for each file, not sure what you would want to have that in use
(check to see if you have that set in the upload times for each file in the customise internet and file creation setup)

Brian,
Here is the zipped file (thank you for the instructions), and I’ll play with the other suggestions you had.
Steve

Moderator Update: Attachment deleted, you do not want this information displayed publicly. Please email it as instructed in the FAQ.

make sure to email (zip first) the settings files
and not to post them on a public forum for anyone to download :wink:

Hi
ok, I have your settings files
to fix the error with the upload (error with port)
you need to tick, use passive mode, in the connections setup

also in your settings I see you have set to use the #2 real time clientraw upload…but its uploading to the same FTP server

also I see you have set to upload the files to a different FTP server in the customise internet and file creation setup ?

also I see that you have a remote directory set for some of the files in the customise internet and file creation setup (in the upload times)
but that remote directory is the normal remote directory

remove all those
so as to avoid:
Changing to new remote directory for this file
CWD /weather

Brian,
Please see if the following screen shots do what you said in the post before your last one.
I’m still trying to figure out your last post. :).
In the FTP shot, I unchecked 2nd Real time… which I assume was the duplicate
in the Connections shot, I checked ‘use passive mode’
so far so good?
steve

yes, that is what I am meaning
(and then you can exit the running 2nd real time ftp program)

Yes, there was always 2 FTP programs running… who know why I did that. Anyway, my web page is still not functioning. It’s a blank page.
thoughts?
thank you again for your help.
Steve

with the change to use passive mode, what now shows in the ftplogfull.txt

also
remove the remote directory you have set
in the upload times
for the file #1 , in the customise internet and file creation setup

also its odd that all the upload switches are off in the customise internet and file creation setup
you could also try turning off the override switch there

another question
for your web site, who is/what is the name of your FTP host?

as you had a 2nd ftp server set up as
upload.comcast.net
but your main FTP server is
www.jstevengibsondds.com

but yet your web site is at http://my.xfinity.com ?
anyway, I will test a Office.htm upload here and see if that shows up at the above url

OK, uploading Office.htm to www.jstevengibsondds.com
does not show up at
http://my.xfinity.com/~oreokid24/weather/Office.htm

are you sure you have the correct FTP server setup?

this web site works
http://www.jstevengibsondds.com/weather/Office.htm

and shows my test upload
(the other URL I got from your forum profile (as you had not provided the URL to your web site)

the web site
http://www.jstevengibsondds.com/weather/Office.htm
works when I set the upload here
but when I exit WD, and check later, that web site is blank, which must be from your upload

what shows in your ftplogfull.txt file?