Weather Underground’s Next Frontier: Air Quality

Brian, please do not be offended as my suggestion was just that, a suggestion, in order to improve and add some additional functionalities to the software ‘cronairquality.exe’.

OK, here is why I suggest adding some options to the software ‘cronairquality.exe’.

As you might be aware (or maybe not) the PurpleAir unit is made up of two identical particulate matter sensors (dual laser sensor - two sensors identified as PMSX003A and PMSX003B) - thus two slightly different data produced by the PourpleAir unit and uploaded to the Thingspeak cloud storage.

When the software ‘cronairquality.exe’ contact the PurpleAir unit (using for example the URL ‘http://192.168.0.1/json’), it is accessing only the first sensor (of the dual laser sensor) on channel #1 (or sensor PMSX003A). Unfortunately, because of the poor technical support (communication) I have been having with the PurpleAir company, I do not know how to access directly (through the local URL) the second sensor (of the dual laser sensor) on channel #2 (or sensor PMSX003B).

Why, you may ask, is there a need to access the data of channel #2 when the data of channel #1 is perfectly usable. Well, two weeks ago, when my area was covered with thick smokes from the numerous provincial forest fires and the AQI levels were reaching the ‘very unhealthy’ level (AQI greater than 225), for some unknown reasons, channel #1 started reporting 9000