long-standing frustration with WD

I’ve been using WD for about a decade now. It works fine, but there is one problem that I’ve always had with it…
Any time I want to change the size of the entire main window, I have trouble; there doesn’t really seem to be a way to predictably do this…
There are 3 ‘resize’ controls on Setup menu:

1. increase screen size
  2. set screen size % increase from normal
  3. reset screen size and then restart.

None of these really performs predictable actions, though.
<1> blows the window up really big, typically throwing the bottom of the window off the screen
<2> does something, I’m not sure what, but it does not seem to be related to the number that I enter in the Percent dialog; i.e., 120% does not necessarily make the window larger than the default 80% does. I have no idea what “normal” refers to in this context; I would expect 80% to make it smaller than it already is, but that does not really seem to happen.
<3> is the most consistent of them; it resets the window to roughly 700x500 or so

ITM, what would be ideal is if I could just grab the lower-right corner of the window and resize it to what I actually want… well, I can do that, but the only thing that resizes is the outer frame; the rest of the dialog does not react to the resize at all.

So what ultimately happens is, I just keep switching between the three controls until I get something that I can live with, and just stick with that, but it’s hardly ideal !!

So could anyone advise me on any techniques that I could use, to just set the program to the size that I actually want??

My system:
Windows 7 64bit
Nvidia GTX 980
Monitor: 30" 2560x1600

WD Version 10.37S53, running as Administrator

I sympathise. For what it’s worth:

1. I use the no.2 control to set screen size 20% larger than normal, BUT I don’t save this in Setup/Advanced or it gets another 20% larger every time you restart.

2. I set font sizes and move things around at +20%, BUT use the no.3 control to go back to normal size and save - even though the display may look horrible at normal size.

3. I then resize the window to +20% again. I’ve never found it necessary to restart.

there are reasons why it is the way it is
and its related to the screen shot being a standard size (i.e the WD screen resizes)
(and that stems back to where there was dial up, a very large size screen shot was not ideal)

Thanks for the responses!!
bits’o’string: I’ll try your technique, and see what happens!!

boss man:
Thank you for the history, that gives me some context!!
Is there any chance that you could consider adding a fourth mode, where the user specifies total window width and height, and the controls are resized to fit that?? That would be a more ideal solution in the modern world, where 700x500 (the reset size) is rarely of value to anyone…

Oh, wait… maybe I do understand this???
I think what control #2 is doing, is making the window “that percent larger than it already is” … is that correct??
I played around just now, with 20% and 30%, and the latter gets me very close to where I want to be…
The only thing that was ood, is that when I did “save and exit” and then reloaded, it didn’t reload at quite the size that it was when I saved, but it looks great…
So that was the key point that I couldn’t figure out: that control makes window “x% larger than current size”, as opposed to "x% larger than ‘normal’ "…
Heh… cool…