which station to choose for WH2600

Hello,
I have a WR2600 station from Conrad (it similar to Watson, Ambient weather, Aercus, Fine offset, Bloomsky…).
I have try a lot a station selection without getting results.
Sometimes it seems I have connections with wrong values, or nothing .
My station is working fine with “Weather Underground” so the hardware is correct.
I need some suggestion to be able to use the “weather display” software

First I made an error in the name of the station, it’s a WH2600. (I modify the subject)
I made some more research, and it seems that the WH2600 is similar to the Aercus weathersleuth ( also like Watson W-8681-pro).
But even with that, I do not see which station to choose in the control panel.
Thanks for your help.

Hi
do you have a link to a web site about the station ? (e.g with pictures etc)
I might be the WiFI Pro type station

I think you’re right, wifi http://www.foshk.com/weather_professional/wh2600.html

Concerning the picture , it’s the product I have. It’s NOT a wifi it’s a direct internet connection.
I’m connected to wuderground and it’s working fine.
But perhaps, it’s not possible to have a connection to WD.
If I check the internet address of the ‘IP observer’ I get the “weather logger”. There I can see that the remote server is ‘rtupdate.wunderground.com’.
Wunderground is not displaying internal temperature and humidity, that’s why I was planning to use WD.
But both in the same time seems not working, and I want to keep wu.

OK, that is the console less version of the WIFI Pro station
that goes straight to wunderground

you can set WD to get the data from your WU ID, see in the stationless setup

if you can change the settings file on the hub to add a server to send the data to , then you can have it send a php script on your web site and set WD to get the data from that

I think only the console version has indoor data (ie the hub only version does not)

The ‘weather logger’ from the ‘IP observer’ gets the indoor conditions. But wunderground don’t display them.
So even if I use the Stationless and use the WU data, I will not get those inside values.
I’ll see in the future what I’ll decide
Thanks for your help

when you say weather logger, do you mean the software that comes with the station?
is that getting data via local TCP/IP (i.e wireless) from the hub?
I have a test program to see if you can get that data

http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/testmulticast.zip

In fact in my broswer I open the IP address of the small black box (IP observer)
There I have a page which open as a ‘Weather logger’ where I can see the config , network , settings , life data … (see picture)
This box is directly connect to WU via their server.
All my data logs are archive on WU.
I run your testmulticast.exe but nothing happen no display no errors
It runs a few second (check with 'process explorer) , is there a log somewhere?

I run the multicast in ‘command’ mode, and now I get some info see picture

thats good
that means WD should work
by setting up WD to use the WiFi pro station and setting to use the direct IP connection method

actually I suspect you might have clicked on button3, which is a test button, and gives the result you saw
clicking on the connect button (top left) should give similar data

Today I made some more tests.
I ran your multicast program : hitting topleft button I just receive ‘udp connected’. Hitting button 2 (downleft) I get a lot of info (see attachment.
I again try to set the ‘station type’ choosing stationless/wlk… and fill my IP address in the wifi direct corner. (see attachment)
But no data arrive at the display.

Thanks

the button 2 is just a test button that does not actually show actual data
it looks like it will not work with the hub only type station (it does work with the console type station)

you can though set WD to use your WU data

So I modify the station selection and use the ‘wunderground API data’
I set my WU station name, and some data appears on the display.
Only the current temperature is correct (5 minutes refresh)

you set your WU ID
and then it should update every 5 minutes
(you might need to restart WD)
email me your WU ID and I will test here

I really appreciate the advices you gave me.
I could find the ‘json’ file for my town from Wundrground :" http://api.wunderground.com/api/0def10027afaebb7/conditions/q/BE/Morlanwelz-Mariemont.json " .
I use it in the station selection in WD, there are some results in the display but most not correct. I suppose the layout is different from the ’ ws1001.json ’ file format.
Nevertheless there are no info concerning my indoor conditions in my json file , so not possible to see them with WD.
From my IPobserver black box, I can see via the ‘Weather Logger’ the current live data. Checking the page code I can find all the conditions values. So I plan to find a way to extract my local indoor conditions from that page and log it.
I don’t see in WD a station definition to read and format this ‘live data’ page.
I joint the picture of this live data page and a PDF of the source code.

Livedata.pdf (271 KB)

Hi
when using the wunderground API
all you need to enter is your WU ID

I have tested here with the WU ID you emailed me and the readings in WD match your WU web site data

you can also set to use your own WU API key (I did not do that in the test above)