Davis VP Data Extraction

My Data Extraction window has quit extracting. On WD restart, the data extraction window opens, but the status bar doesn’t do anything. On occasion it will hang and have to be manually closed, but most of the time it seems to eventually time out and close. I read in another post that the Davis logger may be full and to check ‘clear data’, restart. I normally have clear data checked. Any ideas?

WD 10.37S45

Thanks

Are you able to get “live” data after the failed extraction? If so then I would do a master reset on the datalogger. Shutdown WD, remove main power to the VP console, remove the batteries from the VP console, disconnect the datalogger from the VP for a few minutes. Then reverse the process, install the datalogger, install batteries, apply mains power, and fire up WD.

The “clear data” option is not normally selected.

The Davis datalogger will just overwrite the oldest record with the newest one, so it never really gets full.

If you clear all the data after extraction and something goes wrong then you have no data if you want to try again. :wink:

Yes, Live data is fine. I did a master reset of the data logger. After reset, WD couldn’t see the data logger. Did a couple more re-boots and connected to the logger.

What datalogger (WeatherLink) are you using? Serial, USB, TCP or 3rd party? Since performing the master reset are you still having issues getting archived data from the datalogger?

Do you know if a master reset clears the logger archive interval setting? Maybe worth to reset that to 1 minute.

I have the USB datalogger

normally a complete power down of the console and then removal of the data logger for 5 minutes, then re power up console after putting it back in, and then setting the time/date and data logging interval (e.g 1 minute), works

Got it! I changed the data logging interval to 1 minute and restarted. Thanks for all of the help everyone.

Is there a ‘recommended’ setting for data logging? As I understand it, uncheck ‘clear data’ in the pop up window, and use log at 1 minute intervals. Correct?

Thanks everyone

that should work OK