Vantage Vue not recording wind direction

Hi,
Since updating to 10.37s55 my winder direction during the night is not being recorded. I send PC to sleep and wake up automatically via Task Scheduler and during these times its a flat line on the grath. Anyone have this problem or solution?

if the pc is asleep then WD will be also
do not set the pc to go to sleep

Hi Brian,
Its worked for years like this with me and then in the morning when it wakes up form hibernation the datalogger then updates Weather Display data as if it were awake all the time. It records the gust speed, rainfall humidity and all other data through the night but since the new update the wind speed direction has stopped during this time.

When did you update WD and did this coincide with a Windows update?
WD has always been designed to run 24/7 and if you want the PC to hibernate at night then you’re better off closing WD first, then starting it again in the morning with Task Scheduler.

Hi Martin,
yes I close weather display 15mins before hibernating PC and the same in the morning I wake the PC and then start WD 15mins after. Its worked fine for years but since update a few days ago to new version of WD this process has been affected.

That’s sightly different to the way it read in the first post, both Brian & I thought WD was left running when the PC went into hibernation. :wink:

In that case, have a look at the debug info after you restart WD - View > Program Debug Info (bottom centre) and see what’s in there. Also have a look at the log file to see if the wind direction has been received from the datalogger as it could be a datalogger issue, rather than WD.

I’m sure Brian may have other suggestions. :wink:

yes, it was a bit confusing the way you described it
what version were you using before?

The previous version was 3.26.2

version of WD you say?

Is there a way of checking what was the previous version?

how long ago did you update?
I have tested the wind direction from the history data and it works OK here and I have not seen other reports of this particular problem so its strange you have a problem

I probably didn’t update for about three to four weeks. Looks like I will have to keep it running through the night from now on.

there has been no changes that should have caused this issue from a version update from 4 weeks ago
can you send some screen shots detailing exactly what is the problem you are having

I have run a test here with a new install of WD with my Davis VP and the wind direction is recorded OK from the data logger history

It appears the Vantage Vue sensors have all packed up… new sensor pack arriving today. Wind direction failed, Wind chill and wind Speed had the unit less than 3 years…