Rebuild correct graphs

Hi, I have some issues where the data stream from my Oregon WMR300 goes “flatline” in WD. Meaning that the same data is repeated until I restart WD. I don’t know why this is happening, but I suspect it’s a USB thing. However, upon restart WD reads all the logs stored on the console, which is the correct data, but it doesn’t overwrite the lines of frozen data in the graphs, it just keeps the erroneous flat lines. Is there a way to rebuild graphs from the log files stored in the console?

Next question is, the same false flatline is updated to Weather Underground, is there a way to resend the corrected data to WU? I used the Cumulus software with my old weather station, and that had a “Catch-up” function to upload past data. Does the WU software in WD have that function?

Thanks

yes, there is a way
you need to delete those repeated flat lines
in the WD logfile
then convert the log file to data file (and then also recreate the last 31 days data file ) (see under action)
make sure windows is not set to power down (select suspend) the USB, I do have a you tube video about windows power settings

I have added in a check for flat lines like this, so that WD stops updating the data. but not for the wmr300, but I could do that

re WU, yes, the data history that is caught up on start up is sent to WU (make sure you have a recent version of WD)

Thanks, you are an angel, I will try all that and
“I have added in a check for flat lines like this, so that WD stops updating the data. but not for the wmr300, but I could do that”
Could you do that? It’s not to nag but I rather have no data than false data if you know what I mean. Of course if you have time for it, thanks

Jorgen

which version/build of WD are you using currently?

:10.37

which build?

hum, it should be that WD picks up that the wmr300 data is flat lining with that version
I will need to do some experimenting with a wrm300 I have access to

Okay, I like your commitment :o Just one more thing I was wondering about, when I start WD it reads ALL of the data stored on the console every time. Is it supposed to do that, or is there some setting somewhere. Because the load and convert process from the console takes several minutes and it has just about a month of data, but when this station is getting years old it would take quite some time to start up. Doesn’t it just need to load the missing data?

Thanks