WD Real Time FTP

I checked my PC where WD runs this morning.

There were 7 instances of WD Real Time FTP running. And 7 instances of wdsendthetherdata running.

I shut down WD to restart it. None of the above close after exiting WD. I thought they would.

In any case, I had to log out and back in to clear them.

I wonder what caused this?

I’ve seen the same problem here, but not with 7. Usually no more than 2 additional icons showing. I close WD and then use Task Manager to quit the extras. No idea why it happens.

those programs should shut down when you exit WD via exit, save and exit, but it might take a minute
I have not seen this problem you are describing with wdsendtetherdata having more than 1 running

maybe you have WD set to restart if no data after 10 minutes or maybe you have the wd watchdog running (try turning that off)

you don’t mention which version of WD either (it might pay to use the full install to get the latest updates of all the .exe programs)

Here’s what I see now since restarting this morning:

WD_Taskbar.JPG

WD_Window.JPG

you might be having some internet connection problems by the looks of things I would say
also

you don't mention which version of WD either

I’m running the latest b55. Last night, I did the full install. It looks like I had a few files that were out of date. It’s working fine now. Thanks for the suggestion.