Adobe New

https://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2017/07/adobe-flash-update.html

Yes! Death is official :D/

Finally really… it used to be a great technology, but has long time ago been surpassed by other more advanced and most importantly secure ones

The big corporates need to get their fingers out and remove FP from their products. I’ve just been building a system for a customer and getting FP working is a nightmare now. Either we have to install old versions of Chrome/Firefox or apply for a licence to download and use the offline installer for FP.

You mean like everyone has gotten rid of XP :lol:

One thing that drives me nuts is that at home I use Linux, but my PC does not support a better OS and even the Linux OS I use is no longer supported by the most recent version of Chrome. Fine, Im ok with that. What I cannot get my head around is why pages like FB, Google etc. give me this large yellow toolbar at the top that Im using an outdated browser version, with a link for getting the most recent one.

This however is just plain stupid because when I click that link, I get another notification that my OS is no longer supported. What I dont get is why that script showing the toolbar also does not look at your OS and when it sees you cant update anyway, does not show the toolbar. Btw. on some pages like FB, that toolbar has no close button, it takes up space at the top all the time and obviously there is no point in showing it to you if you cant update anyway…