Preliminary new web site to try!

My son (who learns faster than I do!) and I have been working on revamping wxsim.com. There’s still a lot to do (content is incomplete and in some cases out of date), but I’ve uploaded a “live” version, hoping I might get some feedback on the overall look and feel. Constructive criticism is welcome! Here it is:

http://www.wxsim.com/new/index.htm

Tom

Hi Tom,
Very nice and also confirm it works perfect on my Android Mobile Phone.
regards,

Very good. Much improved.

Works well on iPhone too :wink:

I like the new format. It would be nice to have an complete online manuals for your products.

Thanks
James

Tom,
It looks good on both iPad and Win 10 PC

Chris

Tom,

I haven’t had a chance to look at all the pages yet, but one suggestion I’d make is to either modify the background or change the “non-black” colors used on some pages. I found it very difficult to read the Online Forecasts page with the light-blue lettering against the gray background against the cloud background. I think it would be much more readable without the cloud background on this and other pages.

Steve

Looks good Tom, nice upgrade :smiley:

Tom,
I run Firefox 54.0.1 and you new layout does not scale well. It’s great full screen but scaled down there are problems.
Just a heads up.
George

I’ve posted a new web site version, at www.wxsim.com/new/index.htm. I’ve made it somewhat more readable by increasing contrast (darker text and/or lighter background (though those clouds still show through - kind of intentional, but I don’t want it to be too distracting). I’ve also added a lot of content, mainly under Clima=Sim, On-Line Forecasts, and Third Party Scripts. On mobile devices, what’s supposed to happen is that things (like the navigation bar) which are horizontally arranged become vertically arranged, as needed, so you can still see them. Suggestions, comments, and questions are welcome! :slight_smile:

Tom

Hi Tom,

The photos on the home page, there’s one on there called homenow2.jpg which is huge (18Mb) and takes a while to load.
I’ve taken the image and made it the scaled down size to fit the window of the scroller and attached it below for you. :wink:

Cheers,
Martin

Tom,
Your new site is looking good on Windows 10, Android Phone, and Kindle Fire!