GFS 2017 update

Working ok here with McMahon data.

Cheers

:smiley:

MikeyM

Yep, at least two fields went bad: surface pressure (seems to be all zeros) and east-west component of wind speed. I just talked to Sam Bohler on the phone, and he’s looking at it now. I don’t think it will be too long (maybe less than a day???) to fix, but meanwhile, use McMahon (which appears to be OK) for GFS in WXSIMATE, and temprarily quit using WXSIM-Lite.

Sorry about this! :frowning:

Tom

Cloud cover and precipitation also bad (along with E-W wind component and sea level pressure). Everything else looks good, at least.

Working on it!

Hi
The 00z Run from Today are bad :x
The Rest working with MC Mahon
see Attach
Update:
06 Z run today are bad Data too :frowning:
(WXSIMLITE)

Exactly the same here.

Some here error 5/6

In today’s forecasts, the following error occurs:

I am also getting the error 5 & 6 messages with the runs only completing 1%

Dave

Tom,

Just ran Wxsim using “run immediately” field using McMahon data and it ran successfully !
The Issues as you suspect, seem to be in the Bohler data.

Dave

Bohler data is back up and running! :slight_smile:

The problem was that the GFS upgrade added a new data type, that squeezed in between existing ones and bumping some of our data over by one. Sam has not only fixed that particular case, but has changed the way the data is “anchored” so it should NOT happen again if there is another upgrade of that type (i.e. with new data fields added).

Tom

Interesting…

This morning I am getting bad data on the 00Z file from today 21st although I am unable to work out why looking at the data. The last good file was 18Z on 20th. So right now it is not looking fixed.

Stuart

Wxsim now works well with both: with data from McMahon and Bohler. :smiley:

Waiting to see if the WXSim Lite error disappears

I also got bad data from the 00z file today. Seems to be this line:

+57,-273.1,-277.0,71230.6,269.6,0.0,-0.0,-17.4,-271.5,6.1,0.0,-3.6,0.01,

Having had a close look at mine the high negative values are the same for me and yes I guess that’s the problem.

Stuart

In my case, the same thing happens:

+57,-272.8,-276.6,70704.8,269.6,0.0,-0.0,-25.0,-270.6,4.8,0.0,3.4,0.04,

Here the same Issue

2017-07-21-06 Run works without issues as it appears :lol:

The 06z download is okay - the 00z error must have been just one of those things and not related to the GFS upgrade.

Now it seems all solved, without errors

(WXSIMATE with Bohler data)

Thank you very much for the help

Javier

Yes seems OK now…

Stuart