cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: Help with trying to use WD on Raspberry PI  (Read 503 times)

Offline medic29

• OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Mozilla compatible
Help with trying to use WD on Raspberry PI
« on: July 12, 2017, 11:19:40 PM »
I'm using the information from the sticky and trying to go from there.

I'm going to preface this with...I'm fairly new using the Raspberry PI, so please forgive my apparent ignorance.

First step install extra libs

how do I perform this install?  Do I do this at the console prompt?  If so, I tried it and received an error.

1.1 modify    /etc/apt/sources.list

How do I modify the above?

Add one  line to that file, remember to use sudo or use the gui in a root file-manager window

Do I add this line?

deb http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/pool/main/u/udev/libudev-dev_175-7.2_armhf.deb sid main

I was thinking I was already working in the terminal window, no?

execute in a terminal window
sudo apt-get install libudev-dev
sudo apt-get install libusb-dev

1.2 install libhid

1.2.1  download from  http://alioth.debian.org/frs/?group_id=30451.
It is placed into your home folder

Is the home folder the root of the sd-card, or is there actually a folder considered the home folder?

I could have other questions, but I wanted to start with these.  I am also trying to use the QEMU emulator to test the setup prior to pulling out the Raspberry PI, monitor, keyboard, and mouse.  If the emulator is causing the issues, then I'll pull the other stuff out and work actually using the PI.  I am wanting to set it up so that my Davis Vantage Pro2 is connected to the Raspberry PI (which is connected to my WiFi continuously) and WD can obtain the data from my weather station and forward that information to my webpage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline mihec

• OS/Browser:
  • (Linux Mint)
  • Firefox 53.0
Re: Help with trying to use WD on Raspberry PI
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 06:15:05 AM »
From my knowledge, you should always connect to your RPi via SSH. If using Linux or Mac, just open Terminal and log in. If Windows, you should get something like PuTTy.

Which RPi do you use? Which OS image do you have on the SD card?

Report this:
Code: [Select]
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 4.4.21-v7+ #911 SMP Thu Sep 15 14:22:38 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

I'd simply copy and extract the consolewd files into my home directory ( which is /home/pi/ ) and try to run the consolewd ( ./GoWdconsole.sh ). It will report an error with libraries. Most of the important ones are located in the consolewd's sub-directory deploy/ . Check the GoWdconsole.sh file for this line (line 24 in my case):
Code: [Select]
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DIR_PATH/deploy/

I think this will be sufficient to run the consolewd without other library installations.

I propose you follow the error messages and fix them step by step. Or report here.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 06:18:41 AM by mihec »

Offline mihec

• OS/Browser:
  • (Linux Mint)
  • Firefox 54.0

Offline Jed42

• OS/Browser:
  • Win 7/Srvr 2008R2
  • Chrome 59.0.3071.115