Help with trying to use WD on Raspberry PI

I’m using the information from the sticky and trying to go from there.

I’m going to preface this with…I’m fairly new using the Raspberry PI, so please forgive my apparent ignorance.

how do I perform this install? Do I do this at the console prompt? If so, I tried it and received an error.

How do I modify the above?

Do I add this line?

I was thinking I was already working in the terminal window, no?

Is the home folder the root of the sd-card, or is there actually a folder considered the home folder?

I could have other questions, but I wanted to start with these. I am also trying to use the QEMU emulator to test the setup prior to pulling out the Raspberry PI, monitor, keyboard, and mouse. If the emulator is causing the issues, then I’ll pull the other stuff out and work actually using the PI. I am wanting to set it up so that my Davis Vantage Pro2 is connected to the Raspberry PI (which is connected to my WiFi continuously) and WD can obtain the data from my weather station and forward that information to my webpage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From my knowledge, you should always connect to your RPi via SSH. If using Linux or Mac, just open Terminal and log in. If Windows, you should get something like PuTTy.

Which RPi do you use? Which OS image do you have on the SD card?

Report this:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 4.4.21-v7+ #911 SMP Thu Sep 15 14:22:38 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

I’d simply copy and extract the consolewd files into my home directory ( which is /home/pi/ ) and try to run the consolewd ( ./GoWdconsole.sh ). It will report an error with libraries. Most of the important ones are located in the consolewd’s sub-directory deploy/ . Check the GoWdconsole.sh file for this line (line 24 in my case):

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DIR_PATH/deploy/

I think this will be sufficient to run the consolewd without other library installations.

I propose you follow the error messages and fix them step by step. Or report here.

More help here:

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/506700

Download only get a file.