Slow Data Loading

Recently having a problem getting data from Davis logger. Data retrieving runs o.k. fairly smoothly to 100% but then loading the data into Weather Display takes ages. Can take hours!

Updating made no difference. Not tried the latest yet because it stops responding. Ver 10.37S49 on Windows 10

Data loads with no problem using WeatherLink.

Any ideas please?

I think you are meaning the second stage , where WD updates the logfiles and data files
maybe there is a permission problem on the folder, problem with an antivirus program running that is scanning the WD files or anything like that
its not clear if this is a new problem or?

See if excluding C:\wdisplay in Windows Defender helps. Or whatever folder you have WD installed in.

Mine is loading data 3 or 4 seconds every top of the minute.
Im losing approx. 1 hour and 10 minutes of data a day this way…

Thank You for your replies.

I think it is because of other commitments I have not been updating very often. Tried updating each day and it loads o.k. if a little slow.

Must get my act together!!

Thanks again.

Are you sure you are actually loosing data, i didnt think this was the case, WD is still doing what it needs to do, its just that its also doing other stuff too, mine can be anything up to 15s and i am 99.9% sure i am not loosing any data, i mean, isnt the data stored at 1 minute (minimum) intervals anyway? hence the clock pause. The more you have WD set to do the longer that pause will be.

Quote from: makada on 17-07-2017, 10:44:45

Mine is loading data 3 or 4 seconds every top of the minute.
Im losing approx. 1 hour and 10 minutes of data a day this way…

I seem to remember Brian made a change so wd stored data during the minute change to prevent losing data during this time.
There were multiple csv files in the wd folder which were the data during the minute change to store windspeed during the minute change/storing data, to see if there has been a higher gust during the storing data time, but i cant see them anymore recently.

Maybe its possible to have a higher storage data rate instead of 1 second…

that change was only for your station type
not sure why you would want a storage rate faster than 1 second

Im trying to have a solution to write data faster, so the 3 or 4 seconds "freezing " on top of the minute is gone.
There must be a way to solve that me thinks.

weather stations with a serial data flow, like Davis, that is interupt driven , so no data loss there

Like I said before, It’s only the clock freezing, not the data…

@ makada

This thread is about the Davis data logger which has a very different interface to your CR1000. It is getting very confusing when you mix your logger’s issues into a question about a Davis unit.