Average Wind Speed extremely high, but Current Wind Speed correct/reasonable

Sensor: Acurite 5in1, 1025 unit.

Problem(s):

• Starting at ~7am this morning, and continuing until now (about 6 hours), the “Average Wind Speed” reading varies from normal (7-10kts) to clearly wrong value of 158kts.
  • The “Current Wind Speed” value all seem normal
  • The wind speed dial shows normal values (7-10kts)
  • The uploaded wind speed dial shows the wrong values (highly variable, and often near 158kts)
  • The graph scale goes to 10kts, but since 6am, the gust lines go off the scale.
  • Watching the VIS reader status screen show normal values, with no spikes or large readings at all.

I have restarted the application,with no effect.

Nothing changed at 7am when the problem started?

Attached is the *.xlsx file for the data and at row 205, the gustspeed start reading 177.

What could be the culprit? What do I look for?

Chris

Wind.xlsx (29.6 KB)

what I need is (emailed), when the problem is occuring , the wdisplayftp.reg setting file (in WD go action, back up windows registry now), zipped

The VIS Reader is reporting the battery is low on the sensor, but the reading that the VIS Reader show is always reasonable.

Chris

you should not post your settings files to a public forum
I did say to email instead
you should delete

I can not reproduce the problem with the setting file you sent (which has the raw data provided by the vis acurite.exe program in it)
which version/build of WD are you using?

10.37S Build 53

actually there is an out of range windspeed reading coming through in the raw data
WD ignores it at first, but after a time out period it then accepts it
I have put a check in place at that point in the code to make sure it is still within what should be expected now, in the latest .zip update of WD

You mean withing the Build 54 *.zip on the download page already?

the date looked new, so I’ve applied the update. So far, it looks fine.

Can you see how many bad data values appeared in the data? More than one?

Chris

hopefully WD should trap those out of range readings OK now

Working fine now. Thanks for the quick fix.

Chris