B54 full install error

New version of 5 Jul at 2100 throws the attached error on trying to install.

Thanks.

wd-inst.jpg

Turned out to be a permissions problem on that file. However, it was working properly immediately prior to the b54 install attempt.

Thanks.

if you check that file , you will see it has not changed for a couple of months

If you’re using Windows, you can optionally select only the changed file(s) in the ZIP update. In Win 7 Right click on the downloaded ZIP, select ‘Properties’, and click on the ‘Unblock’ button. Then when you unzip the file all of the original modification times will be preserved. (This procedure is slightly different in Win 10.) Sorting by ‘Last Modified’ will then allow you to select only the newly changed file(s) for preservation in a mass deletion of all of the other unchanged files in the unzip directory.

I also always add the build and date to the ZIP’s name before unzipping it, then transfer (Cut, then Paste) the ZIP and the pruned directory to an appropriate directory on my network-attached-storage for subsequent installation on the weather computer.

I see no reason to repeatedly overwrite multiple files with the exact same file…

Did exactly that before I posted.

Agreed, and thank you. I used to use the .zip for my updates but got very tired of having to answer all the “permission required” (can’t remember the exact message) items when WD restarts. Depending on how one’s upload times are set it can take up to an hour of wait time for them all to appear and be answered. So, I went to the full. It does reload everything as you say, but this is the first time I’ve seen the above problem. Forgot to mention that after the failed update attempt and restarting with b53 my local WD window had moved its position and size, so it would seem something also got to the ini file.

Thanks.

I used to use the .zip for my updates but got very tired of having to answer all the "permission required" (can't remember the exact message) items when WD restarts.
that turns out to be a windows settings make sure to change your windows settings for warnings for when downloading programs from the internet see http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=32306.msg325880#msg325880

My settings were already exactly as described on your link. Have been cleaning up other minor items that went wrong since the initial burp. Kinda stuck again.

Thanks anyway.