Email Warning Setup - Custom File of html

Hi

In the control panel ‘Email Warning Setup’ under the ‘Custom Options/All Time Records’ tab I have setup to use a custom file (customemailwarning.txt), use html formal and use a custom subject. My customemailwarning.txt is formatted in html.

When I test the custom email or a weather warning threshold is detected, the email gets delivered however the email client displays the raw html i.e. it doesn’t render the html page as expected. I am using html formats for my daily and weekly weather reports and I am confident the html is formed correctly.

The MIME header for the daily weather report has:

Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"

The MIME header for the warning email has:

Content-Type: text/plain

Does this look like the issue?

Looks like a bug to me, selecting/deselecting the ‘Use html’ checkbox on this setup window has no affect on the resulting email.

Please help :?

I was just about to write a post, good job I searched 1st,i too have been trying to figure this out since I had a 2mm of rain warning, it came through as just tml code

use this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdwarningemail.zip
vers 1.9 of that program
and it should fix that

I have updated and tested it and its working great, thank you

Quote from: Weather Display on 11-07-2017, 23:25:13

use this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdwarningemail.zip
vers 1.9 of that program
and it should fix that

Nice One BMX, I thought it was just me struggling with this feature.

It sure did, also tried toggling the html checkbox option and it switches between plaintext and html as expected, thanks.

Somewhat related to this thread, does anyone know what tag I use to report the trigger for the weather warning e.g. maximum wind speed, etc?

I have tried the following:-

• %current alarm flashing% always seems to reports “—”
  • %warningemailalarm% always reports " - Warning on 6/7/2017 14:20 (Day)"; this output is directly related to the ‘Custom Subject’ set in the Control Panel → ‘Email Warning Setup’ window ‘Custom Options/All Time Records’ tab which I have set as “- Warning on %date% %time% (%dayornight%)”

Maybe what I am trying to do is not possible, however I thought it would be as I assumed the default weather warning setup would use a similar approach using tags. Or, is the Custom Subject working/not-working?

Thanks

the default warning output does say what the threshold reached was
but there is currently no custom tag for that

Thanks for the confirmation.
Do you know of any method I could use to report the weather warning other then the default email e.g. is there a file I could append?

simply put that info in the custom email (i.e as text), I would have thought
ie what your thresholds are for the warnings you have enabled, or something similar?

Yeah that is an option, which I might go with.
I was wondering if I could attach like the daily hi/lo table or something similar such that the email receiver has knowledge of sensor readings. Although I can’t see a way to generate a internet file creation on demand apart from the scheduled generation/upload times configured, so unless this file is generated frequently there would be no point.