WMR200 Forcast Icon wrong

Hi

Just change my station from an OS WMR928N to an WMR200, when the Console shows Full Sun WD is showing rain,

I have checked all the settings and if I set the station back to WMR928 then WD matches the 928 console.

All other data is being received ok, I saw an very old post with the same issues and have checked all the settings mentioned in that post

Running WD 10.37S b53

Regards Brian

what I could do is add some code to show what the raw data is for the forecast icon from the wmr200 and see what that is showing

That would be good, as I believe the console changed for a short period from “Full Sun” to “Cloudy” and the WD forecast Icon did change.

There are 7 Variation from the console

Sunny
Clear Night
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy Night
Cloudy
Rainy
Snowy

I did find this website showing data stream, not sure of its accuracy (see attachment)

Re B

actually there is a way to see what the raw value is
use windows regedit.exe
and then find wdisplayftp.ini
then find
[latest wmr100 data]
weatherstatus=

and so monitor the data value there compared to what the console shows and what WD shows

try this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

Hi when I run the exe I get a load of errors of missing DLL’s ?

Re Brian

you need to unzip to where you have WD installed already, and run from there

Thanks Brian

With Cloudy on console WD forecast is now also now Cloudy, will report back when console changes

Re B

I think you will find this update should be OK now

Hi Brian

Been running the station for a week now and have found some discrepancies between the console and Weather Display

Also the “Forcast Icon” need to be aligned with the Weather Display main page.

Find attached document with my findings

Regards, Brian

WMR200 Console ICON v Weather Display ICON.doc (199 KB)

you can set the forecast icon from the station to update the main screen icon

also WD decides to use the night time icon when its night time, as per the sun rise/set settings in WD (make sure those are correct)

re the windy rain icon, I can change that to be just a rain icon

try a new .zip update of WD

Hi Brian

Downloaded the zip. The correct rain Icon was being displayed when the console was showing Rain, thank you.

At 18:30 the console changed to Partly cloudy night, the WD changed to part sun cloud the 4 row on my previous attached document.

Also on the Extra Sensor #1 small page there is a tick box just above “Set Sensor Name” called “Show On Main Screen”, this just flashes up “soil 100%” for a second (Just underneath wind speed dial) the that area is blank.

Regards, Brian

it has to be night time, by WD knowing it is , for the night time cloud icon to show, in WD

for the other question, do you mean you do have an extra temp sensor?

Hi Brian

As this is a “Forecast” Icon I was hoping it would mimic what is on the console, what is happening is that the console shows cloudy or rain, and then changes to the night rain or cloudy, the WD icon changes to sun / cloudy until WD knows its night time and then changed to night cloud.

Once I have my Jam Jar Solar sensor working I will us the WD icon to show current weather and use the forecast Icon to show forecast in my custom screen http://www.flackwellheath.net/weather/customscreen2.gif

for the other question, do you mean you do have an extra temp sensor?

Yes I am using a WMR200 extra temp sensor as a Jam Jar Solar sensor and it would be nice to display this on the main WD screen

i see, I guess i should make it override
(as long as people have the time/date set correct on the console)
re the other question, you can set to show a scroller, and set custom tags (eg the extra sensor custom tag) on the main screen, or set to show any custom tag on the main screen
see under setup, advanced/misc

Thanks will give it a try

Re Brian

the latest .zip update WD will now honour the night time forecast icon better hopefully for you