WxSim Results Update

Hi Tom,

As I still do not have a public web site, I thought I would share my WxSim Results.
Going extremely well, though tweaked the low (too/high) Low (too/low) issue recently, so time will tell if that gets better.
Very hard here this time of year (winter), as we continually get brushed with cold fronts / heavy rain / still nights / rainy nights .etc

MAE currently at (0.83 C), since I restarted after the PC crash last year MAE has ranged between (0.74 C to 0.91 C).
WxSimLite % inclusion was at 30% over Summer, though when I noticed the change around Autumn I increased to 60% (currently still climbing and at 54.8%).
Just pondering a though here Tom, “An automated Seasonal / De/In/cremental WxSimLite % inclusion” :lol:

Appreciate all your hard work, Kind regards,
Tony

Thanks for the update (and idea) Tony!!

I’ll look to see if there are any seasonal (in my case, anyway) variations in the ideal WXSIM/WXSIM-Lite mix.

Tom

Hi Tom,
Greatly appreciated, will be interesting to see if it’s possible.
I should never have posted the earlier images, all went downhill recently :frowning: see http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/506285

regards,

That’s a cool report. Where do I go to generate it?

Rick

www.MohawkValleyWeather.com

The report is from Jim McMurray’s excellent FART script. You can get it here :- http://jcweather.us/scripts.php

Hi Tom,
Regards our email content recently, being I was 0.1c over/under on forecast vs Actual which happens a lot.

Thought it would be worth showing you the following:

Australia Bureau of Meterology:
Today they Forecast 26c for Franklin (my town) with their new MetEye Forecast still in Beta mode since 2011 :slight_smile:

WU Forecast:
Today they Forecast 32c for Franklin (my town)

WXSIM:
Today we Forecast with WxSim 29c and thus far max is 29c

Great Stuff,
Regards,

UPDATE: actual ended up 29.3c :x

That’s not bad especially when we had a high of 14.4c 2 days ago, after a high of 31.2c (2) two days prior to that.