Shut down

Hi, the PC hut down today all on its own, this is not the first tine that this has happen, I turned the PC back on & tried to restart WD, & while it was trying to start two screens popped up see upload. Each time I tried to restart WD the same splash screens kept popping up, the only way to start WD was to open an old version of WD (build 81) let it run for about 5 mins. & then restart the new WD (10.37S53) that wouldn’t start before, they were was nothing showing in the program event log, it all seems to be running OK now, what caused it made the PC shut down as well,

many thanks.

teal.

crash 1.jpg

crash 2.jpg

maybe try blowing dust out of the pc, it might be running too hot

Those errors are normally due to the webcam image being corrupt, due to not saving in time, so,if an when it happens again, view the images in the folder as thumbnails, that way you can see any that are corrupt, its normally jpgwebcam though and its very evident when its a corrupt image, you will notice it straight away.

To elaborate on what Weather Display said, its possible the machine is running too hot, do a shut down and check all the fans and boards inside, make sure they are not full of dust, if they are then remove and clean or if you can get to them clean on the spot with a paint brush and vacuum going. If they look free from dust then perhaps you have a faulty fan, and its normally either the CPU, GPU (if it’s one with a fan) or the PSU fan. either of those 3 can and will cause the machine to shut down.

Or, it could be BSOD, did you check event logs?

Hi, I did find a webcam image that was corrupt & deleted it, it just seems funny that the latest version of WD would not open but an old version would, & then running that for a few min’s then the latest version of WD then worked OK, any way all working OK now, many thanks for all the help.

teal.

Yes, you are right B81 will start ok, perhaps there was a routine in that build that would ignore the corrupted image, perhaps it was something that said not to look at the image folder before webcamcapture opens, i dont know, just guessing :lol: You do need to look at your PC as to why it keeps crashing on you though, sometimes on PC crash, WD can go a bit loopy and revert settings etc, make sure you are producing the backup files, so then if it happens you can just copy then over from the backup folder :slight_smile:

if it is a corrupt image, and you have that set to be shown as the main screen icon, then next time, I would need to a copy of that corrupt image to try and see if I can step around it in the code

Hi Brian, not sure what you mean about the picture, but see uploads, the first picture is of my main page, the second picture is what is the picture shown on the page, & the last picture is the one that I think was the corrupt one, missing the time/date/etc.

teal.

a corrupt image file will likely not even load in a image viewer program, and the file size will likely be different to normal
not having the overlay data will not make it corrupt

Hi, just found that the “video last day” for the day that the PC shut down will not play, that must be corrupt as well.

teal.