Acurite 1025 upgrading from 10.37 b25 to 10.37S b53, problem starting VIS reader

I’ve got an old machine running WD 10.37 b25 and using the Acurite 1025 5in1 sensor. The machine is failing (XP machine), and we’re moving it to a new machine (Windows 7).

The WD 10.37 b25 wont start on the Win7 machine complaining about missing DLLs.

Using WD 10.37S b53 on the Win7 machine starts up correctly, and appears to have loaded my configuration. The first time it started, the VIS reader crashed (the console was not plugged in at the time) Examining the Sensor config, it still reports Acurite as my sensor, but when I plug in the USB cable to the new machine, it doesn’t get any data. Reboot, and no change. Moving the USB cable back to the old machine, and data start flowing right away.

I noticed the Youtube video and watched that. When I select the Acurite from the config, or when I select something else, and the reselect the Acurite sensor, the VIS Reader does not appear like it does in the video.

Any suggestions?

Chris

if you run the acurite.exe program, where WD is installed, on the win 7 pc, does that get data ? (with the usb cable plugged into that pc)

I haven’t tried that (but will when I get a moment).

But everytime I start up WD on the Win7 PC, a new “visdump” file is created with a stack trace in it. With or without the USB plugged in.

Note: Testing is tricky because I have to take our running system offline to do this.

Chris

try downloading and installing the latest vis acurite.exe program and intalling to where WD is installed (c:\wdisplay) on the w7 pc

That did the trick.

I’m struggling with a number of issues while using the same *.ini file I had working before.

• On the main screen the Average line (green) is reporting the gusts (it’s above all other data)
  • Generation of the main screen as *.png, and FTP upload are very confused. I have it generating the correct files, but the main screen *.png would not upload. I ended up specifying that image as a manually specified upload in some other screen.

not sure why you have that problem re first question
for 2nd question, are you using the customise internet and file creation setup? (recommended: I do have a youtube video showng how to use that setup)

Please see this link:

http://wind.kingstonyachtclub.com/KYC-Breakwall.png

for our output screen. Notice the green line (used to be an average and right in the middle of the Gusts and Lulls), now reads above just about all other wind readings?

Did there used to be a setting about swapping Gusts and Average data? I seem to remember something like that.

Would there be a config option that carried along from the old INI file (from 10.37 b25) that could cause this?

Question, is there anyway to display the gusts and lulls without the average?

Chris

Regarding the green “average” wind line. After fiddling with things, the problem has gone away. I “think” there were two different average calculation checkboxes set, perhaps for 2 different average times (5 min & 10 min?). I seem to recall that two different configuration screens had conflicting average checkboxes, but you don’t see them both at the same time.

Regarding the uploads, I will take a look at the video.

Chris