WXSIM 2017 Build 1.1 Released!

Hi Everybody,

I’ve just posted a new version (notes on the couple of small changes below). To upgrade, use www.wxsim.com/wxsimupg.exe (NOT wxsimdem.exe). I’m also thinking about changes to the (rather dated) web site. Any suggestions? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Tom

Here’s some of what’s new:

Data types were added in the cty.fdt file to enable more versatility with wind speed
forecasts for wind turbines (typically between 40 and 80 meters above the surface).
The wind behavior can now be made even more site-specific than before (allowing for
a range of surface roughness and inversion-proneness) and also can now supply winds
at two heights (one half that of the other, customized one). Note that this feature
is available only if it was included in the customization.

wret.exe can now handle a change in file names in CumulusMX, where (at elast under
Spanish settings) a period now appears after the month abbreviation. WXSIMATE and
WXSIM-Lite also had changes allowing for this. In each case the name change is
auto-detected, so no user action is required.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: Occasionally users may encounter Permission Denied (VB error number
70) errors, which shut down the program. I declined to attempt anticipating all such
errors in my error trapping code, out of concern about interfering with other error
trapping routines. The cause is usually very simple: a WXSIM file is being used by
another process, which CAN be another program in the suite (i.e. WXSIMATE), if that
programs gets stalled somehow or is scheduled to run overlapping with WXSIM. Another
cause of the problem could be if the user has opened a file such as latest.csv or
latestturbine.csv for viewing in Excel, and left that open. Being alert to these
possibilities will likely prevent the error from ever appearing, or at least make it
fairly easy to fix if it ever does.

Installed and run here OK this morning.

Stuart

Installed this morning and no problems with scheduled 2pm run.

Chris

Tom,

Everything is running fine here too.

Thanks, Jim

Tom,

Installed and everything is running fine here too.

Thanks,

Saratoga-weather.org is running the update also (and working fine).

Thanks, Tom!

All up and running here with no issues. Thank you Tom.

It’s running fine here too! 8)

Thanos

Tom,

Tried your update this morning and it bombed out. During the install I got a message that it could not move some files. The option to “Retry, Cancel, Ignore” popped up and like a dummy I selected “Ignore”. Wret and Wxsimlite still open OK but Wxsim and Wxsimate will not load. I get a message that Windows can not locate the device, path or file.I’m stuck. Any ideas? #-o

Thanks.

Jeff

Update: Rebooted the system and reinstalled. All ok now… Working very good Tom. Thank you!

Working good here. Thanks Tom

Cheers

:smiley:

MikeyM

No problems here either! :slight_smile:

All up and running here with no issues. :smiley:
Thank you Tom.

http://www.celinmeteo.com/wdisplay/wxsim_2017.php

Installed without a hitch. All good, and running well here.

Rick

www.MohawkValleyWeather.com

installed, and wait for the 21 Hour Run :smiley:
Update: works perfectly, no issues
Thanks Tom