cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: BlackGlobe Temperature Sensor WBGT index  (Read 85 times)

Offline MichaelPT

• Staffordshire Nr Leek
  • OS/Browser:
  • Android 7.0
  • Chrome 51.0.2704.106
    • Weather-Above
BlackGlobe Temperature Sensor WBGT index
« on: June 19, 2017, 03:37:08 PM »
Hi

going to make a set of temp sensors calibrating temperature sensors  to each other ,before  mounting  ,adding the black globe ,ambient air temperature ,wet bulb temperature is make by using a glass tube with the temp chip inside then  sealing   both ends then applying a cotton tube over the temperature senser tip ,this  is to keep the wick saturated  using  distilled water

The ambient temperature sensor will be mounted in a glass tube same specification as the wet bulb sensor with out the wet wick

The black globe temperature sensor I am going to use a copper ball and Mount the temperature sensor in side

The BlackGlobe Temperature Sensor for Heat Stress (BlackGlobe) measure  radiant temperature.  This measurement, along with the measurement of  ambient air and wet-bulb temperatures, is used to calculate the wet-bulb globe  temperature (WBGT).  The WBGT index combines the effects of temperature,  humidity, radiant heat, and wind into one single index employed to express  environmental heat stress

Mick
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:43:13 PM by MichaelPT »

Offline nellyt

• OS/Browser:
  • Android 6.0.1
  • Chrome 58.0.3029.83
Re: BlackGlobe Temperature Sensor WBGT index
« Reply #1 on: Today at 09:47:58 AM »
I am doing the same.
I was however under the impression I just needed to measure the globe temperature and could derive wet bulb temperature from ambient and relative humidity?
Have I missed something?