Wind speed offsets changed across versions 10.37R to 10.37S ?

Greetings,

since I got my Davis Vantage pro2, the anemoter has always read 2x more than it should and Davis refused at the time to correct it. With WD, I was using the offset on gain at -50% to compensate, but I updated from 37R to 37S yesterday and the wind speed is off the charts! My original settings are no longer present as the menu no longer allows offsets on gain below zero (that is -50%), and even trying the speed offset by direction which does allow negative gains over angles of 0 to 359 has no effect.

Anything else needs to be set in a menu somewhere?

LATE EDIT: turns out there are more offsets on the rain menu, and the gust speed was still at -50% but the average had been reset to 0% by the update - I reset it to -50%. But the wind speed is all over the map - there is a light breeze and yet it is now reading over 100 kph. This problem occurred exactly when I did the update… more troubleshooting to come…

Cheers
P.S: calling it a gain offset is a tad strange - gain alone suffices, and nominally should be 100% or 1 for no change.

there are not many users needing a negative offset
I will check it out
(are you comparing like with like with the console for units though?.maybe you have the console showing mph but you think its m/s, which would mean its showing 2x)

question:
what type of data logger?

Thank you for the expeditious reply,

it’s a serial Davis data logger, connected to an Envoy. Davis had swapped me out the data logger with a newer one two years ago as the f/w on the first one was not compatible with the Envoy that I had purchased two years ago. Anyhow, it was working fine until I updated to WD 10.37S from R. I’ve included the ini file here for your perusal. It is still set as kmh in the units settings. It was always over reading on the Davis console (2x).

Incidentally, I use two large format displays on WinXP and the ‘units & other settings’ window opens up a tad high with 37S so I can’t move it and select some of the tabs. Since this window does not appear in the task bar, I can’t move it - I presume the setting is in the ini …

LATER ADDITION: you mentioned the station’s units, so I used WeatherLink to connect up with the Envoy as an external temp sensor I received a few days ago when connected would prevent the envoy from booting, overheating the batteries (possible short?). Perhaps this caused the Envoy to reset. Doesn’t appear to have made a difference, at least for the few minutes of data - I’ll know better when I return from work as I have to leave.

Cheers

The problem still exists despite using WeatherLink to ensure the Envoy was set correctly still.

Cheers

you should delete the wdisplay settings file you posted
do not post your settings files to a public forum

I notice you have WD set to show kmh
what units do you have set on the console to be displayed?

also which build of WD are you using?

Greetings Brian,

Build 53.

I had checked quickly the contents of the ini and didn’t see anything risky to post - Lat/Long perhaps, but then they’d fall into my booby traps… kidding. The I/Ps are local and not accessible from the web. The file is removed.

The Davis console isn’t connected to a data logger or PC, it’s the Envoy. I checked with WeatherLink that it was kmh as well. The offsets worked in 10.37R, but they don’t seem to with 10.37S,at least when negative which is what I need.

I could always roll back WD and see if the problem remains, just in case the Envoy was compromised by the shorting sensor. Davis gave me fantastic customer service, as their web site was in error and the 7817 temp sensor was not compatible with the Envoy. They’ve corrected their web page and are sending me a free 6475 - wonderful!

Cheers

I have checked the code and a negative offset should work
but I will test here and report back
maybe you have an offset set on the envoy?

OK, there was a bug, I have fixed it, use the latest .zip update

Greetings Brian,

it does look into indeed corrected, but I’ll need to collect for more hours as after last night’s thunder storm, it’s rather quiet. I’ll also go out with a calibrated hand held anenometer to verify it.

Cheers & thank you for your support.

Problem solved!

Thank you Brian.

Cheers