How to change temperature range on main-screen graph?

I was able to do this once in the past, but now I can’t find it… those min/max values are settable somewhere, I know…
I’ve looked in:
Control Panel:Units & Other Settings
Control Panel:Offsets & Initial Rain
Control Panel:Graph Setup:Scale Setup (I have all “max temp” values set to 50C, but it’s still clipping at 40C)

Our temperature is currently 106.3, but graph is clipping at 40C (104F)
I have enclosed a screen shot of the graph; note the temperature overrun yesterday between 1400 and 1600.

My system:
Windows 7 64-bit
WD Version 10.37R Build 81 running as Administrator
Weather station: Davis VantagePro 2 (serial)

WD graph with temp overrun.jpg

So, have the author, and all the program experts, just abandoned this group now?? I am a registered user of this program, and I am having problems getting it to do basic functions properly. In the past, it was possible to get support on this group; what does it take to get that now?? All of my recent posts, over the past couple of years, have just been ignored…

Should I switch to using Bug Tracker, and list all of my support questions as bugs??
Will that even make any difference??

I can’t speak to the deprecated R version you are running, but I just tested in 10.37S and Graph Setup/Scale Setup works for me. I do see that “Max Temperature on Scale” appears to override Max Outdoor Temp so you may want to check that setting.

Maybe you could post a screenshot of that page? That could be helpful.

Bugtracker is not used for Weather-Display issues.

AHA!! Yes, “Max Temp on Scale” solved the problem for me (once I closed and restarted the program).
I have to admit, there are numerous different settings that seem like they might be related to this scale; I was confused on exactly what I needed to set. Having said that, though, I had set all the other ones to 50C, but missed this one.
Thank you for your insight and help!!

As for why I’m still using the old version, it is because when I previously tried to upgrade to a newer version, all of the labels on the graphs all lost their colors and were just displayed in black, which made it very difficult to figure out which setting related to which graph. I previously posted about this issue, a year or so back, but the only response I got was “well, I don’t see that when I run the program”, which was not useful for me since I did see that, so I just reverted to the last working version, which is what I’m using now.

BTW, I tried again, a couple of months ago, to upgrade to the current version, and I still get all black labels. Perhaps this is related to my using Windows 7 64-bit?? I don’t know. Anyway, V10.37R Build 81 does not have that issue, which is why I’ve stayed with it.

I don’t have that label issue on 32 or 64 bit Win 7. Have you customized the main screen in the past?

I don’t think so… Actually, in fact, I initially did a clean, new install of the WD software when I last tried to deal with this issue, so I had no customization settings at all.
Don’t recall which version of WD was active at that time, but build 81 was very old even then. Anyway, that clean install still had the all-black labels, and I couldn’t find anything that would change it…

I can’t imagine :dontknow: I have done many fresh/temporary/test installations of recent versions and have never run into that problem. I think you were doing something with skins a while ago so maybe something from that has stuck :?

Huh… well, okay, I just downloaded current WD (10.37S53), installed it in new directory, and all the colors are fine.
I then went back and re-installed it over my existing older version, to retain my registration and custom settings, and everything is fine…
I don’t know what problems I had before, but I don’t have them now.

Thank you again for your help with the graph-scaling issue!!

:smiley:

Actually, I’m wondering about something… for the last year or so, until a couple of months ago, I was using a desktop-styling program called WindowBlinds… I really love the look of my desktop when using it, but I have seen that it interfered with other programs, sometimes in incomprehensible ways. I wonder if it was interfering with WD’s behavior?? Has anyone here heard of issues with WindowBlinds?
The reason I’m considering that, is because at the moment, I’m not having any issues at all with WD, but I’m not running WindowBlinds…

I think that the last time I tried a clean install, but had problems, I was still running it… hmmm…

Hmmm, you could well be onto something there :wink: