Problem with Selected Tags

Hi

I have spent some time creating html templates for day and week reports which are emailed and also uploaded to my website. I really love this feature of WD especially how you can customise it with the various tags, superb. Anyway I am using quite a few of the tags from the list and have noticed the following observations, some minor and some don’t seem to work, please note I have units switched off in the control panel.

1. %nightlylotemp12% is always zero i.e. “0.0”. I have checked my minimum temperatures logged and I am nowhere near this temperature (currently summertime).
  2. %maxaverageyest% includes corrupted units e.g. “12.3 mp”, expected “12.3” without units due to the configuration I have set.
  3. %timeoflastrain% is not reported even though %dateoflastrain% reports correctly.
  4. %daylengthyesterday% is reported in the format hh:mm:ss, is it possible to drop the seconds such that it is consistent with %hoursofpossibledaylight% as I don’t think anyone would want to know this to seconds resolution?
  5. %morningastrotwilight% and %eveningastrotwilight% is reported as “—”, expected a time range, checked with http://www.timeanddate.com/.
  6. %suntransit% and %moontransit% are formatted “hh:mm dd mm yy”, is it possible to put dividers in the date like “hh:mm dd/mm/yy”?

If there is any more testing I can do please let me know. I also have a couple of tag suggestions which I can raise in the appropriate forum area.

Keep up the good work.

I’m sure the author would appreciate knowing what version/build of WD you are running before researching your questions.

adding to which version/build of WD you are using
is WD running all the time?
and what weather station type?

Good point, details are:

WD = 10.37Sb53 running all the time on my server
Station = Davis VP2+

for 1, that should be being reset at 6pm daily
maybe WD is busy at that time?
for 2, then next update of WD should fix that
for 3, do you happen to use davis console rain total maybe?
also when you say not reported, how do you mean exactly?
for 4, I am reluctant to change as some script might get broken?
for 5, what lat/long are you? does that info show under view, sunrise/set, more details?
for 6, a change might break scripts?

#4 - Many users like to display difference in length of day and want the seconds.

#4, #6 - Many use tags in a .php page and then they can format the display any way they want.

Thanks guys.

#1: is always zero in my reports, generated at 11:50 and 23:59 every day. I have checked my log file for yesterday and I can not see a low temperature record of 0.0 degrees centigrade - this looks like a bug to me as I have seen this consistently in my reports for the last few weeks, any further testing I can help with?

#2: thanks.

#3: %dateoflastrain% %timeoflastrain% is currently generating “11/6/2017 -”. I am not sure what you mean by the Davis console rain total, please elaborate.

#4/#6: I understand regarding other user scripts, I will adopt the same approach for my website however I can’t resolve this for the email reports which would be nice to keep consistent with the website. The only thing I can suggest is the possibility of adding a new tag that has consistent date formatting as per the majority of other tags.

#5: No, there is no astronomical daylight displayed under ‘Moon/Sun Extra Details’ from the view menu, i.e. it is consistent with my reports. I have just checked the https://www.timeanddate.com/ again and I think WD is correct, there is currently no astronomical daylight because of where I am in the northern hemisphere for this period #-o. I will monitor this going forward.

Ok I have been meaning to update on this thread. The last issue I still seem to have is with %nightlylotemp12% tag as reported originally.

Most of the time %nightlylotemp12% outputs ‘0.0’ and occasionally I get an output like this ‘5.6E-0067’.

I have seen this on various versions of WD including the current version I am executing which is 10.37Sb57. Can you confirm if it works for you or is it a bug?

Thanks

I do not know why you are having a problem with that tag
except that for some reason you are getting 0 c temperature reading coming through
you could try setting a minimum temperature limit in the offsets/limits setup in WD

Yeah it is a strange one, but it is persistent.

I have set a temperature limit of +1-degree to try it out. To be honest though I would be surprised if it changed anything because %mintemp% is reporting above 0-degrees at this time of year.

Hi,
for #3, I use %timeoflastrainalways% and %dateoflastrainalways% which according to tagslist do not get “reset”.

Thanks Martyn, I have now added these tags in to my weather report templates.

I have tried this for a few days but no change.
My wdisplay.ini contains the following entry which I guess is linked to this tag:
[Daily low 6 hour night] number=0

Are there any files I can check that may give any clues to my issue?

Any thoughts on this persistent issue with %nightlylotemp12% tag?

Anything else I can do?

Thanks