Minimizing WD Is Causing It To Shut Down?

Where do I find the setting that will prevent that from happening?

Rick

www.MohawkValleyWeather.com

there is no setting
that should not be happening
are you minimizing to system tray or to task bar?
which version/build of WD?

Yeah having same issue started with most resent version.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

minimising to what though?
system tray or task bar?
is there any errors under view, program event log?

I can not think of any reason why this would be happening

so can only suggest to go back to the version that worked correctly for you

I am minimizing to system tray. I’d wager it’s a windows issue rather than WD.

so if you leave it showing on the main screen its OK?
that is strange
although Microsoft has admitted changes to the developers version of windows 10 is causing issues for programs
any errors under view, program event log? (in WD)

Brian,

No mention of it in program logs. I should also point out that clicking on “hide” also shuts down WD.

Rick

it should just be hidden in the system tray when you click on hide
maybe you have windows set to hide runnning programs in the system tray (bottom right hand corner of your windows screen)
check with task manager to see if weatherdisplay.exe is still actually running

Brian,

I’m now 100% certain that it is a Windows thing. Here is my reasoning:

I minimize WD, and it appears to shut down. Even my task master reports zero apps running. Yet (get this) I’m getting an FTP upload on my site every 10 seconds, even under these conditions. When I click the WD icon on my taskbar, it goes through all the usual steps to boot up, including pulling past data from my data logger (Davis).

To confirm my hypothesis I ran a disk cleaning utility, and while it was running I minimized it. It went away, and did not show minimized on my task bar, yet it must have completed its task in the background because 3 minutes later a report popped up on my screen, showing me what it a done as far as cleaning. As in WD, my task master did not report this app running while it was minimized.

Rick

are you checking in the system tray
which is different to the task bar
for the icon
(and it may be hidden in the system tray too (you can click to show hidden icons)

Better to look at the Processes tab rather than the Applications tab. It’s never been clear to me how Task Manager decides something is an Application, but it’s generally a very small subset of what is actually running.