Options to get Davis Vantage Pro2 on-line

I must say that I am very impressed with my Vantage Pro2. It has been up and running constantly for 14 years now. The only time it was down is when I had the leaky capacitor issue some years ago.

Times have changed and I hardly use my PC anymore. The only reason I have it running all day is to have the Weather-Display software running so it is updating Weather Underground. I am at the point now where my PC needs some work. I am seriously thinking of abandoning it instead of putting any money into something I hardly use.

I would like to keep my uploads to Weather Underground going however. Doing some research this morning it looks like my only option is to buy the Weather Link IP logger for $210. Ouch!

My other option would be to buy a new weather station that has this capability built in. It looks like I could buy a station for about the same anount of money. Granted, it wouldn’t be the quality of a Davis unit. But I get to thinking that maybe my Vantage Pro might be toward the end of its life cycle.

Any opinions? $200 is a lot of money for me right now either way.

Raspberry Pi, tiny single board computer, minimal power consumption, cost maybe $50, can run WD. Info on here is in the Linux forum.

or meteobridge/hub

Like the above posters have recommended, use a Raspberry Pi or Meteobridge/hub. But keep your VP2 I wouldn’t be looking at a whole new station you already have one of the best models out there. :smiley:

Quote from: Brandon on August 31, 2017, 10:00:46 PM

Like the above posters have recommended, use a Raspberry Pi or Meteobridge/hub. But keep your VP2 I wouldn’t be looking at a whole new station you already have one of the best models out there. :smiley:

You are right - I shouldn't even think about taking down my awesome Davis station. It's been running now for 13 years steadily. The only issue I ever had was with the exploding capicitor issue years ago.
I was tempted by the price of a new unit that would be direct to the internet but I'm sure the quality would be nothing like my Davis unit.
I will continue researching my options (extra money is an issue right now) and just keep my present routine going for now.
Thanks!

I build a clone of the Davis USB logger, shipped worldwide for