How to import Old WD data into new WD install on a new Operating System install

Hi. Every few months I like to completely reformat my computer hard drive and install a fresh Windows 10 Operating System. I would like to know the proper way to save data from my Weather Display program and the proper way to reinstall the saved WD data into the fresh install of WD. I want to know what WD folders to import back into the fresh install of Weather Display to ensure that all data and settings are correctly saved and incorporated into the fresh WD install. Thanks very much for the help on this question.

there is a FAQ here on the forum for how to transfer WD to a new pc

Thanks very much. I have been transferring files to a new PC by directly saving all the files in the old wdisplay folder and pasting them into the new wdisplay folder and in the process overwriting the redundant files. Am I losing some old data by doing it that way? Thanks again for any help.

old data in the existing folder do you mean?

Hi Brian. I save every item from the current wdisplay folder to an external hard drive and then after I reformat my hard drive and reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 10 I install the latest version of Weather Display. Before I open the new WD program I copy all the WD files I previously saved from my external hard drive into the wdisplay folder on the new WD program. Some of the folders are the same so I always get a prompt that asks if I want to overwrite the redundant files and I click yes. This seems to install all of my old WD settings (fonts,CWOP setup, etc.) into the new WD install but I was wondering if I am losing some data of my weather station history by doing it this way? Thanks again for all you do.

that should work OK
as long as you are backing up and copying back the datafiles and logfiles folders and the wdisplay.ini settings file

…and backup/restore the .reg too ?

that will restore the internet settings that’s for sure