Errors correcting lost data using Davis VP2 Data logger

My PC was accidently disconnected from the VP2 console for a day. And the logfile file for the month of June became screwed up by my own fault. So I start with good backup from my zipped data backup. I copy/overwrite the text into the logfile for June with only good data up until 6/10/2017 - 11:17

Then I instruct the data logger to get data from the next minute and restart WD. Everytime I do this the rainfall totals for the month/year and the last day go up starting at the first line of new data. And they go up more everytime I try it.

What is the error in my sequence of correction???

The VP2 should have a good data on it but the the rainfall keeps going up from the first new line of downloaded data.

Thats because the data was already there in the log, and each time you try it, the logger adds the same data
[size=50]a bit like an exponential groundhog day

Go check the log file, for the day(s) in question, and go through it carefully, you will see that the data has [/size]
repeated from a certain time namely 11-17 , when you 1st noticed the error and restarted the PC/WD
the logger would have gotten the data then, would it not? This is why more data has been added, happens

to me too, i just go in to the logfile and remove the double up data, save then go recreate the graphs
[/size]
[/size]You will see the erroneous data just delete it and save the logfile [size=small]

Thanks for the reply, but that is not the issue. The first line of “new” data posted to the log starts out with the wrong values. The first new line of rain totals keep going up every time I repeat the process.

you would need to set the correct rain totals from the last good logger value (and yes delete the repeated log data and then convert log to data file afterwards (and recreate last 31 days data too)

Can you tell exactly where to change rain totals? There seems to be a couple of areas to do this which I have tried. But changes are not showing up on the Data/Graphs. Also one area offers to change day but not the monthly and yearly rain total. My monthly rain total keeps climbing every time I do an extraction from data logger.

Ok Figured it out.

Right click on rain gauge area of main screen >> rain Last 7 days >>>

Well… it’s somewhere in that window. Now that window has lost it’s scroll bars and I can’t see the top pf the panel.

Rebooted PC which did not help. Any idea how to fix this window?

Even reinstalled program and this window is still unusable.

Ok - fixed all.

control panel
offsets and initial rain