Losing Connectivity

For the last couple of weeks, when I check WD, the data has stopped being picked up. I’ve just closed WD and restarted it and the older data is picked up. Within a few hours, it happens again.

I enabled the options (see screenshot below) to have WD restart when this happens. Unfortunately with these options set, WD closes and never reloads.

I’m using Windows 7 x64 and the latest version of WD - It’s happened with the last few versions - and the Davis VP2 IP data logger. No new hardware and software added.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

NoData.JPG

With the options set, WD closes at exactly 10 minutes. When unset, WD is normal until 6 - 8 hours later when it quites updating data, requiring a restart.

check to make sure windows has not set usb power settings (selective suspend)
there is a utube video showing how to check that

My USB settings are fine. Nothing had re-enabled selective suspend. Since my VP2 is connected via ethernet, that probably wouldn’t have caused my issue.

The data had not been interrupted, or stopped, for 2 days now.

I’m still wondering why the attached settings, when enabled, shut down WD without restarting at exactly 10 minutes. It appears that the IP data input is not being monitored by WD

WDDisconnect.JPG

you mention USB and then IP data ?
do you have a usb or IP data logger?

Hi Brian,

Unless I’m blind, I never mentioned USB :smiley:

my bad

the latest .zip update should now work correctly with the reboot after 10 minutes of no data option

Working great. I appreciate it!