Zambretti forecast

Recently updated from10.37R75 to 10.38S49. Using LaCrosse 2310 and Vista.
No longer seem able to find way of displaying Zambretti forecast as scrolling display under current conditions icon on main screen…constantly scrolls “Test”. The customtag %Zambretti% does still generate a Zambretti forecast and this is passed across to show in WDL.

Is this a bug or do I need to change something in this latest release to be able to display the Zambretti forecast on the main screen?

Hi
that should be working OK still
if you could .zip and email me your settings files, I will test/check here (see the FAQ)
one thing, its %zambretti% (lower case z)

Here are the files as requested. Those with suffix 1 are when “Test” is scrolling. Those with suffix 2 are when WD is started and current condition icon just has current date displayed rather than scrolling text. I can only start the scrolling via Control Panel/Summary images and icons and clicking OK. In other words, scrolling doesn’t start unless I select those screens, but I don’t have to make any changes for scrolling then to begin.

Thanks in anticipation

you ideally need to remove those attachments
I said to email them to me
anyone can download them (and someone already has) and they contain passwords etc

I have tested here with your settings
and I see that I am not passing the zambretti forecast to the forecast to show on the ticker, if you have set to use zambretti for WDL
(this might cause problems for others, changing this)
use this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

I notice some things you have set wrong though
e.g you have set for the clientrawrealtimeftp to run but you do not have any ftp server setup?
and you have not set up correctly the noaa forecast download
also the settings you have set for the noaa forecast download and not correct (you need to set the server like what is shown as the example to use, i.e tgftp.nws.noaa.gov)
and the remote directory you have set wrong
it should be like the format
/data/forecasts/zone/oh/
and not
c:/wdisplay\ownreports

I would turn off the noaa forecast download , since you are using the zambretti forecast

which is a local directory instead (but with a mixture of local and remote / \ )

New version applied and is working fine. Many thanks for that. I’ll follow up your other recommendations too. I had been experimenting some years back as to whether I could somehow get a Sager forecast which I create in Excel from an hourly WD data extract back into WD for display purposes. I’d never gone back to do the housekeeping when I failed to achieve my aim.

Thanks again

I might need to make this change and option as otherwise it will override say the forecast from a davis station for the ticker
(or maybe only apply if not a davis station)