Broken humidity sensor

its not clear to me what is and what is not happening
what is happening, exactly, during the humidity dip
is that data from your broken sensor I presume
and then what is happening when the data comes correct
is the broken sensor then reporting correct again?
its not all that clear to me

I want to completely eliminate the data from the original sensor, so the weather display only displays data with a 1 wire humidity sensor. However, the weather display occasionally displays data from the original sensor (approximately 10 readings a few times a day) and sends them to the log and to Weather Underground, instead of the 1-wire sensor data.
My original humidity sensor is contaminated and always shows a low humidity value, and as such is not correct.

Is there any solution to my problem? :frowning:

getting a new sensor is one solution I would have thought
but otherwise .zip and email me your settings files and the raw data file for the campbell station (donation to the cause would not go amiss)

Really bad support for this program, poor support for weather hawk, I’m really disappointed …

It’s time for another program. Good luck

What Datalogger are you using?
Unfortunately our hardware isnt widely used…

I really think Brian was trying to help you, but Probably the donation suggestion did offend you?..

not sure how asking you to send me your settings files and the raw data file used , so that I can see where the problem is, can be called really bad support

…especially when this appears to be a unique situation for one user.

That doesnt matter, there has been paid for the software so there has to be some kind of “service”…Or aftersales If you like…

and there is, to the best of my ability

Agree, but personally i wouldnt ask for a donation, that would be part of the service/aftersales…

problem is, I cant make ends meet

Then you have to raise the price or find another way to make money…
Thats Probably a more fair way Then asking to Pay to get something to work you already paid for imo…
A kind of life time support.

but
in this particular instance
this person has a broken hardware
which he is trying to get around by using a different hardware ( 1 wire) , as the replacement, via an ability he wanted added to the WD software to support that, i.e which is not standard, and which is extra , so is what is the problem in donating (10$ or what ever) to that cause?

As an example:

When i buy a new pc, i can return to the store to have something explained or adjusted free of charge, part of the service…(as long as it doesnt need hardware).
Any time…

You mentioned “not standard” and “extra”
Thats exactly Whats service or aftersales Is for…

As you Found out, People dont like it…
Whats the value of 10 dollar when losing a customer…

Owner of a business myself, service and aftersales are so important, for present and future customers.

but that customer is not paying anything extra
so there is no loss
and if that customer wants the extra service (instead of buying a replacement sensor, which will cost alot more than 10$)

I think I should just give up with support on this forum if this is the way people are going to be now

Sensor costs 10$? It is funny, Brian!
http://www.weatherhawk.com/rh-temp-sensor

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

It is a price without.shipping. I can’ t get it in Europe, nowhere…

But, it is not important. 1 wire humidity sensor as supstitution, works fine for me. Problem is bug in weather display software. It’s your job.

I did not say the sensor costs 10$
I said as an example, donating 10$ for me to add this extra feature to WD, would be alot cheaper than getting a new sensor

(its only a donation, for my time, you do not have to do pay it , just send your settings files and the raw data file, as I have requested, and if want to donate to the cause, you can , if not , then do not. Not sure why that has caused so much of a fuss)

I sent you examples and screenshots, logs, and 1 wire log tables. Do you need wdisplay.ini and registry file?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk