Sunshine hours - Solved

Is there a ‘switch’ or an option I must activate in order for Weather Display to record (save) the sunshine hours into the data file ‘testtags.php’?

I wanted to add the daily sunshine hours to my web pages, thus I looked at the variables produced by Weather Display and recorder/saved into the data file ‘testtags.php’ and into the log files (such as ‘62017lgsun.txt’).

What I found out was that, although sunshine hours seemed to have been recorded into the log files (such as ‘62017lgsun.txt’), the different ‘sunshine…’ variables found in the data file ‘testtags.php’ are continuously showing zero hours.

what are the custom tags?

They are:

• sunshinehoursinlast10 … with a value of 0
  • sunshinehoursinlast60 … with a value of 0
  • sunshinehourstodateday … with a value of 00:00
  • sunshinehourstodatemonth … with a value of 00:00
  • sunshinehourstodateyear … with a value of 00:00
  • sunshineyesterday … with a value of 00:00

Note: The values above were taken from the data file ‘testtags.php’ at 16:40 PST when the ‘VPsolar’ was still displaying a value of 118 and the ‘VPuv’ was still displaying a value of 0.9 - the sun was going down behind the mountain… :roll:

Note: The values from the ‘62017lgsun.txt’ log file are as follow:

• Sun shine hours ET
  • 0.0 2.2
  • 0.0 2.3

It has been sunny almost all day yesterday and has been sunny all day today - sun is also forecasted for most of tomorrow.

Thank you Brian for the reply.

it looks like the vantagelog is not logging sunshine hours either (the last number is ET)

make sure you have set up the max solar for lat/long correctly

post a screen shot of those settings

Is that the window you were requesting?

your time zone is not correct
(you are not east of GMT)

I had not noticed that part - I cannot remember having changed that value - the right information for the longitude is correct everywhere else (with the minus sign in front of the longitude) - I guess a minus sign is also required in front of that longitude - too bad the global variables (such as the latitude and longitude) cannot be entered at only one location (screen/window) and be read and used throughout Weather Display.

What should I check (which files should I looked at) to find out if the new settings is correcting the little situation?

the solar calculations use the time zone different than the sun rise/set
note that for new users, the lat/long is carried over from the sun rise/set info and the time zone is also carried over (but reversed)

You are not East of GMT so per the screen prompt your longitude should not be negative. It is correct in the screenshot.

So, hopefully, to rectify the situation, both the longitude and the number of hours for the time zone should be without a negative sign - is that correct?

Sorry for the confusion on my part, the medication I have been taking seems to affect my aging brain… :oops:

Correct :smiley:

Thank you, both Brian and niko.

I just checked and there are values (other than zeros) in the ‘testtags.php’ data file - the sunshine hours appear to be back… 8)

:slight_smile: