index.htm empty (zero bytes)

Hi, since a couple of weeks I have noticed that my webpage is completely empty. I’m not a wizz when it comes to these network settings, but I have managed to check some things. In the webfiles folder on my pc, I can see that the index.html is up to date, and appears normal to me. It’s about 13KB and shows the web page as it should be. When I check on the FTP server, I see the same index.html, with the right upload time stamp to it, but it’s 0 (zero) bytes.

I have also checked the FTP log files, and here it states:
Program closed after 6 minutes time out
Error occured at 23:31:55 31-5-2017

From this I gather that the program doesn’t properly upload, but when I try the FTP address on another computer, then it’s fine. Also, I can see that the time stamps are changed on the FTP server, so the FTPUPD program does seem to do something.

My knowledge of this topic is not well enough to solve this issue. So, please, if anyone is able to help? Let me know if you need a log or something.

ftplog.txt (294 KB)

ftplogfull.txt (313 Bytes)

ftprealtimelog.txt (470 Bytes)

are you using the customise internet and file creation override in WD?
if so , make sure you have set times to create and times to upload each file needed on your web site (and the correct remote filename)
I do have a youtube video detailing how to setup and use the customise internet and file creation setup

Hi Brian,

I’m not sure, both buttons are green in that section. I never touched them in the first place. In the webfiles folder on my computer, the files to be uploaded seem to be fine. Is there any setting file that you can use to see what the issue is?

do you have times set to upload the files?
(and is the switch on in the upload times)
I do have a youtube video covering how to use this setup

also try deleting the problem file on your web site
also then check what shows in the ftplogfull.txt file
also if you do not have ticked, set to use passive mode , in the FTP settings

To be honest, I have almost all the things you mentioned. However, it seems that deleting the files that were 0 bits/bytes solved the issue. It seems to be working again normally now.

Perhaps these files have gotten corrupt in some way and this prevented WD to properly save/update them?

yes, that is likely what the problem was
(especially if it was a windows based server instead of linux based?)