Weather Display and Meteotemplate API Rain Rate issue

I will wait for the rain which looks like it may be some time away

hehe… when I lived in the U.K. I usually never had to wait more than a few hours :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

There is an analogy with buses and police here.
There is never any when you want it and when you don’t it is relentless :x

OK - there is still something wrong with this.
The Rain Rate as shown on WD control Panel (both the mm/minute and mm/hour) has very little correlation to the API RR info being sent to meteotemplate which is normally zero. On occasions it sends a one off high reading (probably correct) but then returns to zero on the next reading. The daily rain reading is perfect.
I am using the meteotemplate apiViewer to check values that WD sends

OK lets see what Brian says, the numbers you see in API viewer come directly from the raw data file saved from the API bypassing the db etc.

It is quite possible that I have not setup something correctly in WD for my Davis Vantage Pro2 as I am very new to WD, however the WD app display does appear to show the correct values as far as I can tell.

what freq of data sending to MT?

I will see if I can figure it out and let you know

Hi Brian,
The frequency of the data as set in WD is every 5 seconds.
Thanks
Justin

try this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip
which now provides the rain rate as a rolling 1 minute average

Hi Brian
I have installed that and will feedback on the next downpoor! This may be Thursday/Friday looking at the forecasts.
Thanks again.
Justin

Should this be sending the mm/hour on a rolling 1 min average (as in the attached file)? It does not appear to be sending this.

Untitled.jpg

its sending a rolling 1 minute average
that is not what shows on the WD main screen

But presumably it would typically be something fairly similar.
At the time of the above screen shot the API registered 0.0mm/hr

you would need to check on what is being sent over the minute of data sends after the rain rate has been recorded in WD
I have tested here by setting a rain rate in code and it sent the correct data
are you sure you are using the new update of WD (check the file change date/time)

I will do some more checks when there is a bit more rain.
Thanks

I’m using this test version. It worked well when it was raining but I’ve had two days of no rain and it still showing a rainrate of .12 in/hr.
Tom

I have not forgotten this - there has just been no significant rain in my area for quite sometime - heatwave now for next few days! Reading 36C in my garden at the moment!

but I've had two days of no rain and it still showing a rainrate of .12 in/hr.
ah with no rain it was not going to reset use the latest .zip update of WD to fix that

Thanks Brian. That works.
Tom

Hi Brian
Ok - at last it is raining here (the grass is not looking good at all!) and it appears that this RR issue is fixed - I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the quick response!
Justin