Time formatting for All Time Records

I’ve been using Weather Display V10.37S38 (Win 10) and have noticed that recent entries in the the View>All Time Records display appear to have incorrectly formatted times.

For example, from the current month, the highest temperature (27.6C) is reported as occurring at 04:06 on 25 May 2017. However, the data log shows this temperature actually occurred at 16:06 on that day.

I’ve now upgraded to V10.37S49 but I’m still seeing the same problem.

It appears one time is listed without AM/PM and the other is in 24hour format. 04:06 would appear to be 04:06AM and 16:06 would be PM.

the logfile uses 1 minute average of the temperature
but the all time records is instantenous record

but WD does not set that 1 minute average to be the max if that max was the days max, in a more recent version (e.g build 49)

Brian

The data log shows the temperatures on 25 May 04:00 - 05:00 (24 hr clock) to range between 11.2 & 11.9C. As these are 1 minute averages, the anomaly would require a momentary temperature spike to 27.6C which seems improbable. In contrast, the temperature range for 16:00 - 17:00 is between 26.9 & 27.6C.

I also see similar issues with

• max baro pressure (day 8 11:18 vs day 8 23:19)
  • min baro pressure (day 11 05:24 vs day 11 17:27)
  • min humidity (day 3 01:28 vs day 3 13:29)
  • max rain rate (day 27 02:51 vs day 27 14:52)
  • max windspeed (day 27 03:42 vs day 27 15:44)

The differences are around 12 hours and so consistent with the suggestion of an AM/PM and 24hour format problem in the All Time Records display.

When I made my original post I wasn’t aware that Weather Display logs the setting of records in recordssetlog.txt. The last entry in this file for monthly high temperature is

high temp month value 27.6 16:06 25/05/17

It’s looking like the All Time Records display has a problem with AM/PM & 24 hour time formatting.

maybe check to make sure your windows time zone is set correctly

The Windows time zone looks OK -

(UTC+00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

with auto daylight saving time adjustment set on (the UK is currently on BST (UTC+01:00))

I am not sure why you are getting this problem
the hour of the record used is 24 hour based
check though the time format you have set for the clock on WD maybe

Brian

Using Setup>Advanced/Misc Settings>Program I’ve now set the “Use 24 hour clock” option.

I’ll watch what happens as June’s monthly records are set.

I see the problem
if you have set to show am/pm and not show a 24 hour clock on the main screen of WD then this problem will occur
(it should not matter, so that is something I will fix)

use this update (build 50) to overcome this problem
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

I’ve just started running the build 50 update. To test the fix I’ve switched the time format back to the 12-hour clock with AM/PM.

I’ll see what happens with June’s records and post the outcome.

I’m still seeing the problem with build 50 when the time is set to the 12-hour clock with AM/PM.

humm
it should be fixed
I will test again here

Brian

Pending further developments, I’ve switched to running with the time set to the 24-hour clock with AM/PM off as this works for me.

Let me know if you need me to test any potential solutions.

I have fixed it this time
build 51
http://www,weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

I’ve just started running the build 51 update. As before, I’ve switched the time format back to the 12-hour clock with AM/PM in order to test the fix.

I’ll see what happens and post the outcome.

Brian

I’ve now had records that occurred after noon when the program time format was

• 12-hour clock with AM/PM
  • 24-hour clock

In both cases the time was correctly formatted in the All Time Records display.

Looks like the fix in build 51 has done the trick :).

Have a small bug still or I may need to change a setting somewhere.
The all time records will not display AM or PM and shows a high temp at 03:58. Should be 3:58 PM
I am and have been running my system with 12 hour AM/PM for years.

Running version 10.37S Build 53

Here is the page showing this months all time records.
http://www.josephoregonweather.com/monthall.php