Gonna ask for help

I’ve exhausted all ideas to solve so I am asking for help. Win XP and Dallas Semi Weather station been used for 6 years with Henrikson’s Wserver software. Decided to go with WD for enhanced display. One Wire Viewer is not seeing wind direction. Works ok on temp and wind speed. Direction rom is being detected but I get "No direction device on port.I have read through everything I can find but may very well be missing something. I have tried several different versions of the drivers to no avail.
What am I missing? Picture shows roms and mrssage about direction device
Tnx Fred in Mesquite TX

post a screen shot of the weather station setup settings you have set in WD (for Dallas 1 wire weather station)

Ok, I hope I got all of the screens. 1st screen is from clicking on one wire icon on control panel. Screen cam up with ??? in window and I entered the rom id in it.
Second is from screen for setup wizard. 3rd is weather station type.
Last is display from Henrikson’s showing it working

Screen 2

Screen 3

Weather Station Type

Henrikson’s

do you have a version 3 dallas 1 wire?
(later model)
if so then make sure to select that , in the weather station type setup

Got the original box (bought used years ago) but no indication of ver number. Went into setup and changed to ver 3 and saved. No change. Rebooted and went back in to setup and it was back to non ver 3. Tried changing again with same results. Does it auto-detect the model?

no, it does not auto detect
I only have a version 3 here
the version 1 is like very old now…and its still working OK for you?
with the version 1, you need to know each of the ROM ID;s for the wind direction (8 of them)
it might be that it will only work correctly with the older version of WD, build 81, you could try that
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdisplay32build81.exe

That is the WD I am running. I did discover when back on the non ver 3 setting when I click in control panel, then 1 wire, if I click on the reset dir to default it return different rom id’s for each direction but unfortunately it doesn’t seen to make any difference.

I will download the newer version and see what happens

I downloaded and installed the latest WD but it is still the same. Is the Dallas1wirereader.exe a commercially sourced program or specially written. The reason I ask is I came across some info on the DS2407 indicating ab internal switch has to be activated in order for it to pass data. Thought that might be related to rom being detected but message saying no direction device. Way over my head here so just thought I would mention it. Tnx Fred

I used to support the version 1 wind direction
but you are talking about like 15 years ago now
the version 3 station is supported though for wind direction, shame you do not have that