Real time client *Fixed*

but that is what I posted above

I will send you my info after work today. With you doing this testing, will it affect my website at all?

what I can do is change the remote file names

Sounds good. Ill be sending you the info in a couple hours.

Thanks

Pm Sent.

I have tested here and it works with the ftp settings you sent me
but make sure to set the ftp port to 22 in the connections setup and tick use SFTP (ssh)

those are my settings. However your testing this, can you just let it run? This issue seems too happen at random times. I have not had the issue yet today either, but it can happen at anytime. I would just like you too see what happens. Thanks

its very hard to debug something that only happens randomly
when the problem occurs
the program should time out
and then retry, yes?
or?

i just tried running the real time ftp 10 times in a row (closing it each time) and it logged in OK each time and uploaded the files OK each time

When the problem happens in the realtime, I need to crtr,alt, dl to shutdown the realtime and then open it again, then it works fine.

Hitting retry, stop or start does not work when this issue happens.

I know its completely random, but that’s what is happening. I wish I could give you some more info, but that’s what happens.

Liker I said too, it has not happened today yet, but it can at anytime. It normally happens at least once a day, sometimes twice. When it happens, is there anything you would like me to do or check before I restart it?

Thanks

it sounds like it gets locked in a loop or similar
so it does not recover?
and when it happens its in the log in phase?
and when it happens, is the program responsive at all to any clicks on the buttons or similar?

i.e the more information you can provide the better

It does not recover. I need to shut it down and then restart it.

This is what it shows when it happens…

Logging off from server 3:50:37 AM Logging off from server 4:21:02 AM Logging off from server 4:51:27 AM Logging off from server 5:21:52 AM Logging off from server 5:52:18 AM Logging off from server 6:22:43 AM Logging off from server 6:53:08 AM Logging off from server 7:23:33 AM

So here, it stopped at 3:50am and I restarted it at 7:23am

It is not responsive at all. I have to “control,alt, delete” to shut it down.

If I can think of anymore info to give you, I’ll let you know. But as of now, this is all I have.

Thanks

I know this is like chasing an electrical issue in a car, its no fun.

where exactly are you seeing that?
(and is it complete like that?)
in the actual program
or in the logfile?
its not very clear

Im seeing that in the realtimeclient program.

With nothe other log info between the log offf attempts?

It just happened. This is what was in the realtimeclient before I just restarted it…

Sending local version: "SSH-2.0-IP*Works! SSH Client v9.0". Read remote version string: "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.7p1 Debian-5+deb8u1~ui80+7". Beginning key exchange Preparing algorithm negotiation. Sending local enabled algorithm list. Reading remote enabled algorithm list. Selected key exchange algorithm: "diffie-hellman-group14-sha1". Selected server host key algorithm: "ssh-rsa". Selected client encryption algorithm: "aes256-ctr". Selected server encryption algorithm: "aes256-ctr". Selected client MAC algorithm: "hmac-sha1". Selected server MAC algorithm: "hmac-sha1". Selected client compression algorithm: "none". Selected server compression algorithm: "none". Algorithm negotiation complete. Sending Diffie-Hellman key exchange initialization request. Verifying server's Diffie-Hellman key exchange response. Diffie-Hellman key exchange complete. Calculating key sets. Sending new key packet to server. Setting client keys. Received new key packet from server. Setting server keys. Key exchange complete. Requesting service "ssh-userauth".

that is very different information that you have provided before

its very hard to know what is what and when and why

Its the same information as i posted on page 1 of this thread.

yes, but its different to what you posted just prior
which makes it all very confusing

so the problem is that the login does not complete sometimes randomly and the program gets stuck/hung up in that, yes?

try
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/clientrawrealtimeftp.zip

I see what you mean. The 2 posting’s is what shows up in the client program. I’ll take a SS next time. Sorry for the confusion.

Yes, that’s what it seems like.

OK… Loading it now. Thanks