Gone

Did not test that. At the moment I am running VMware Fusion to test that with a new VirtualMachine and running old DOS an Windows 7 at the same time. Probably the following tests are the same for Parallels.
Test 1: I can suspend any running VM such as Windows. It put that system into sleep mode. Then you can start = wake it again and it continuous to run. The running weather-programs detect that they have to read the logger again as there is to much time past without getting data. WD does that perfectly.
When the running VM’s are at sleep, there is no noticeable delay on the Mac as Fusion is way down in the list of running apps. It seems to not use any resources when there is no VM running.
Test 2: When quitting Fusion it stops = put to sleep all running VM’s and quit itself. Restarting Fusion it loads the VM it was running before I quit the app.
Also there are some extra to start a VM when starting Fusion, do ont use those as i need to decide which tests I run.

I could install it. I have attached my configuration. the two external drives are thunderbolt drives, one a 4tb and the other a 6tb. Both G-technology. I do notice that with firefox, my computer runs hot and I have two usb fans running behind the imac to give extra cooling plus moved the drives to a shelf above the whole thing.
See the attached load/ activity report. I do not know the English app-name. The only strange process is FF which uses even when it is "not used, more CPU-time then the Chrome browser which I use to type this and at the same time to test with MAMPO-pro and external sites.

Maybe stop using FF end do some tests by using Chrome or Safari for a few days. Just to check if there is a difference?

Wim