Several Flat Lines in a Week

its probably some hard to find and obscure bug in the code that is causing the problem
if you can find a pattern to when the access violations occur that would be great

if you could .zip and email me your settings files then I will try and see if I can duplicate and find out where the access violation error is occuring and why etc

Thanks, when you say settings… assuming you mean WDisplay.ini wdisplayftp.ini - any others? oh and a log file of course

In program event log, when I see the access violations, there is no time stamp. However, in some they seem to be before the resetting warmest night setting - so that would be before 6am.

From recollection many of them are around the 9pm time frame if that helps.

Will send settings and screen shots

I agree finding the violator will be tough so thanks so much in advance

Oh btw I’m on build 285. I saw there was a 288 avail - do you think that will help?

I see that you have not set a time zone (hours) in the sun moon rise/set
(note that west of GMT is postive for this setup)
try setting that
and yes use the latest version as I am improving things all the time

I see you have set to use the testtags.txt
.zip and email me that file (from the WD webfiles folder )

Thanks to both… .sending now

and I see you have that set to be created and uploaded every 5 minutes
that is over kill
the live data comes from the clientraw.txt file
that testtag file takes alot of processing

the live data comes from the clientraw file
the rest of the info only changes less often , so you really only need to have that file updated and uploaded say every hour
try that too (i.e the special file conversion)

similar for extra moon and moon icon
you have that set to be created and uploaded every 5 minutes
and yet the moon info is only going to change daily
so change that to be updated/uploaded daily only

Thanks

In your last two responses you mentioned I have it set to every 5 minutes (moon and something else - assuming testtags maybe)

I’m sorry but what is every 5 mins and what do I need to change

Also for the time zone in sun/moon - i am west so would that be +4 (is it from UTC)?

If you could please tell me what screens to change and what items, i would be happy to do so

Sorry for sounding dumb about this

if you go to control panel
internet file creation and uploads
then click on set
for the file #29, 2nd tab
you will see its set to be created every 5 minutes
click on every hour

instead

same for file #31 and 32 (set a one time only i.e daily)
do the same for the upload times

easy

They showed as 1 minute. Regardless I set them to 1 hour. I hit save and ok

When I come back in they still show 1 minute but when I click on set they show hourly

Hope that did the trick… Thanks for being patient with me

Oh for the sun/moon time zone would i be +4 (i’m west of UTC by 4 hours)

Hey Brian

I did put that value back to hourly when i got home yesterday.

When I got up this am I noticed something odd. It appeared to have flat lined. But then around 6am it recovered - as evident in the WD main screen graph.

When I got up at 7am the record counter was working/light blinking. Program event log had an access violation

Current memory used is approx 10gb with total of 16

Anyways, giving you as much info to help you out.

Not sure if this means anything, but wayyy back when for another problem (which I just recollected in the VP import screen) you had me set the data read delay to 800 - does that mean anything?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 7.08.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 7.04.30 AM.png

lets try this
I will add option to use an alternative way of getting the data from the usb
as a test

Thanks !!!

I also need to try out B288

Btw

That value in the VP import that way back when you had me changed to 800 - is that OK (read delay)

Also is it OK to put that #29 setting back to 5 mins or do you still want it at an hour?

Thanks

Brian, since Oct 21 I put that value in #29 back to an hour. So far no flat lines. I also held off not going up to B288 (you said not to change too many things at once).

Would it be OK to put value #29 back to 5 minutes - see if that brings the issue back OR i could wait another week to be safe. The flat lines were happening typically once a week minimum I think

If the issue came back, I would think that might help you pinpoint the issue.

Also on that odd issue I had a year or so ago in the data logger screen you had me change the “data read delay” to 800. Do you think that has anything to do with this?

Thanks

the key is not to keep on changing things
otherwise you don’t what helps or does not

i have made a change that might help in the latest WD mac version update

Hey Brian

My WD has been running for just over a week now with that value #29 (in internet file creation uploads) set to 1 hour.

So far no flat lines (I was getting at least one if not more a week prior)

So that could possibly be the cause. If so i hope that helps isolate. I would like to put the value to at least 5 mins (1 min too frequent) as 1 hour impacts with web page times.

I held off applying Build 288 as you said (which I agree) not to do too many things at once. I see you have a new and exciting build 290 which I would like to try.

Finally, back a year or so ago you had me change some data read retry in the data logger screen to 800. Could this be causing any issues? Should it stay at 800 or some other value?

I welcome your input when you can…> Thanks

try the latest build
with no other changes
for now and see how that goes

Done… Up on the latest build - no other changes

Perhaps its because i’m remoted in and hard to see my screen, but looks like the data packet count pauses, then normal a bit, then pauses etc - I will look when I’m home.

So what about that read delay from the logger screen?