Possible issue with Cumulus and Windows 10

Hi Everybody!

I had a report from a WXSIM user in Spain, who uses Cumulus. Apparently, when used with Win 10 (at least in Spain), the names of the Cumulus log files now contain a decimal point they didn’t before, like May.17log.txt instead of the previous May17log.txt. This can affect WXSIMATE, WXSIM-Lite, and wret.exe. I already created a fix for WXSIMATE (now called Version 6.3), which he reports solved his problem. He then reported the problem with WXSIM-Lite, and I realized it would also extend to wret.exe. I’ve made changes in both of these tonight. I’m fairly confident of the change in wret.exe, where I have a new check box on the Comparison form to allow you to tell the program there’s a decimal point there now. In WXSIMATE, I managed to make this an auto-detect feature, but that’s in VB.Net, and it didn’t work properly in wret.exe (VB 6.0), thus the check box. In WXSIM-Lite (also in VB 6.0), I have attempted the auto-detect, and it may work there (waiting for word on that).

In any case, if you have problems in Cumulus, in Windows 10 (I think that’s a factor), and see a new decimal point in those log file nakes, please give these a try:

www.wxsim.com/wxsimate.exe
www.wxsim.com/wxsimlite.exe
www.wxsim.com/wret.exe

Thanks!

Tom

it might depend on locale settings (for separaters etc) in windows
cumulus should I would have thought be using a fixed format regardless of the windows locale settings