custom tags for consolewd

hello,
i am running consolewd64 in a pi3. the station is vp2 and i have extra temp, soil and humidity vp stations. I have been running on windows for a few years but i am sick of windows.
In windows i have a customtext.txt file that has been working fine. the file contains the following tags:

%date-day%,%date-month%,%date-year%,%time-hour%,%time-minute%,%temp%, %hum%, %dew%, %baro%,%avgspd%,%gstspd%,%dirdeg%,%dirlabel%,%rainlast10min%,%dayrn%,%monthrn%,%yearrn%, %heati%,%VPet%,%VPsolar%, %VPuv%,%soiltemp%,%VPsoilmoisture%,%VPsoilmoisture2%,%VPsoilmoisture3%,%VPsoilmoisture4%,%VPsoiltemp%,%VPsoiltemp2%,%VPsoiltemp3%,%VPsoiltemp4%,%VPextrahum1%,%VPextratemp1%, %maxgst%,%maxavgspd%,%maxavgspdt%,%maxgsthr%,%maxgsthrt%,%avwindlastimediate120%, %avdirlastimediate120%,%maxavspeedinm/s%,%indoortemp%,%indoorhum%,%currentwdet%

and here is what i get when i put the tags in wxloca.html and produces wx.html:

16,05,2017,11,33,13.0°C, 0, 0.0°C, 1013.0 hpa,0.0,0.0,0 °,N,0.0,0.0,0.0 mm,0.0 mm, 13.0°C,0.0,0, 0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,%VPsoiltemp%,0,0,0,0,%VPextratemp1%, 0.0 m/s,0.0 m/s,%maxgsthrt%,%avwindlastimediate120%, %avdirlastimediate120%,0.0,0.0, 0,%currentwdet%

is there anyway to get these tags running on the pi? i am happy either running consolewd or the graphical version.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Actually on close inspection, what the wx.html is showing never changes and the data seems to be dummy data. On the screen i see

Data OK
Current data : Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0

repeated over and over. Except that the all the data is wrong. I set the station in config.txt to 34 because 31 makes it so that it does not work.

thanks

that current data is default data
so something is a miss somewhere
ah
station type should be 31 (davis)
when you say that does not work, what is actully shown

When I change the station to 31, this is what i get:

pi@Egg:~/consolewdfiles64 $ sudo ./consolewd
Station type raw=31<
Station type =31
Weather station type is a Davis VP
Davis com method d
OWW file location= ←
program location= /home/pi/consolewdfiles64/<-
Davis VP IP data logger port= 22222<
Davis VP IP data logger IP= 192.168.2.3<-
Latitude= -37.1
Longitude= -144.5
Station name =My station
Daily rain startup= 0.0
start up month rain found=0.0<-
Monthly rain startup= 0.0
wunderground username =
wunderground password =
wunderground utc =-5
Dir offset= 0
Barooffset= 0.0
Comport is USB to serial
Davis com method d
Yes Revb Davis VP
Davis rain gauge .01 inch
mysql username =
mysql server =
mysql databasename =
mysql tablename =
Will do mysql metric
mysql time interval = 300
cwop station id =
cwop call sign = -1 // -1 is default (you do not have a Ham call si
cwop latitude=
cwop longitude=
FTP server =
FTP username =
FTP port = 21
FTPremote dir =
Will do ftp passive
remote file =
FTP time interval = 60
wu =Y
Will save logfile
logfile metric
Will create custom file
Custom file name = wx.html
Custom file name 2=
Custom file name 3=
Custom file name 4=
Custom file name 5=
Tag units in celsius
wind units = m/s
baro metric= Y
rain metric= Y
Will run cron files
Custom log out = customlogout.txt
temp offset raw = <
utc hour=13
local hour=23
Weather Display vers WD_console_12.6
If use this program,then please consider sending a PayPal donation to [email protected] (Brian Hamilton)
to help with costs, and support, thanks!
www.weather-display.com
Comport /dev/ttyUSB0 opened
setting baud rate to 19200 ->0
ser_read error Resource temporarily unavailable
Cannot write to Station !
waking VP
requesting data
requesting data
requesting data

the other question i had was whether the consolewd64 supports all the tags I am using? or is it just a subset and i need to run the linux version of weather-display to have access to all the tags?
thanks

try changing the davis com method (to usb method)
not all the custom tags that eg the windows version will be parsed

just tried setting to 1 and 2 and still get the same result as in my previous emails. DO the linix version of wd support all the tags?
I bought the exager emulator following one of the threads in the forum, and downloaded the linux version of wdisplay, but i have not been able to find any instructions in the forum. Any pointers that you could give me are there any instructions?

thanks for your comments :slight_smile:

what does it now say on start up re the davis com method?

the linux version of WD should have a tagslist.txt file included in the download

if i do the com method set to usb i get the dummy data, if set to serial, i get the same as i mentioned above, “requesting data”
I have the vp2 connected via a usb to serial adapter. the one i have works with windows. I actually tried a second usb/serial adapter and did not work.
In both cases when i do lsusb, i can see the pl serial adapter listed, so raspian is seeing the adapter.

On the other front, any instructions on how to use the linux version running on the exager emulator?

thanks

Brian,
Any other suggestions for running wdconsole? or even better, how can i use exagear to run the full linux version on the pi? i have tried looking for instructions but cant seem to find it.

thanks for the help

I have not heard of exager before
is that so that you can run a normal linux distro application on a raspberry pi?
(i.e a x386 cpu compiled program on a ARM cpu )
others do have consolewd working on a raspberry pi with a vp (and I have tested here and it works)
so not sure why its not working correctly for you

just to recap
is it a usb or serial data logger?

on the exagear, i read it in one of the posts here in the forum.

I have a vp2 serial connected to the pi with a serial usb adapter. would lo ve to make it work. thanks for the help

Exagear thread

yea, that is exactly the one i was referring to. thanks. would love to have similar instructions like the ones for the consolewd avaialble at the top of this topic. this is sucha great program and would love to run iton the pi.