Webcam Capture **Solved**

Since I updated my WD pc to win 7, the webcamcapture program just stops randomly. Once I hit “start” in the program its fine again.

Webcam capture version is 10.05
WD version: B47

Thanks

you could try the more recent version
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdwebcamcapture.zip

its not very clear though what you mean by just stops

The camera shot in webcamcapture would go blank at random times and then stop updating. I would have to restart the program to get it working again.

I just updated the program with your link. If it happens again, I’ll let you know.

Thanks

do you have ticked, keep alive? (recommended)
(actually post a screen shot of how you have it setup)

The program stopped again. Here’s a screenshot of webcamcapture.

try ticking
reset daily and reset regularly
that is what i use and I have no problems with my logitech

Ok, ill give it a try.

Thanks Brian.

That happens to me too, tried all sorts, but its very random and when I close out of webcam program it loses all the settings, actually thinking back it never has saved settings and has always randomly crashed… and its has been on many pc’s with 4 different cameras…
I just have learnt to check it and restart it now and then…

I made those changes Brian. Can you tell me what they actually do?

Thanks

they do what they say

@Cliffb
I do not have any problems with the settings not being saved myself
(and you do not say what settings exactly either)

Separate question, but kinda related… Where is the setting that you set to only upload between sunrise and sunset? Its been awhile and I cant find it.

Thanks

control panel, ftp/internet, web cam upload

Thank you

So I updated to the latest version of webcamcapture a little over a week ago and the program is still stopping at random times. The screen just goes to black. I have to shut down the web cam program and restart it to get it to work again. I read in another post that you said it could be a update for windows that is causing this issue. It would be very hard to determine what update is causing the problem.

Hi Alittleweird, I see you are using a logitech 9000, I have used mine now for about 7/8 years, but I did have some problems some time ago when an update updated the driver for the cam this did cause some problems.I cannot remember what they where but I’m sure that when I went back to the old driver it sorted it self out, my driver version that i’m using is “13.0.1783.0 date 14/05/10” I’m using W10, hope this helps.

teal.

Hi again, do a search on here for logitech drivers.

teal.

Ive never used the Logitech drivers. webcamcapture works without having to load the Logitech drivers. So im a little confused why its happening now. I did just switch over to win 7 from xp and that’s when the problem started. As Brian stated in another thread, it may be a win update that is the problem. Hard to say.

Hi, i was just a thought, I used the drivers that can with my camera.

teal.

Found the problem.

When I reformatted and went to win 7, I changed the USB ports so they wouldn’t go to sleep at anytime. Well, some update from Microsoft downloaded and it had changed my settings to put the USB ports back to sleep to save power. Changed the ports to stay awake at all times and that seems to have fixed the issue.

the problem is, Microsoft thinks windows now runs on surface tablets or similar that are running on battery only most of the time