Recover from power outage.

hopefully you have a wdisplayftp.reg file in the databack up folder (dated before the power cut (you should also have .zip files from previous months (as they are month dated zip files)
double click on that .reg file re set/re load the WD windows registry settings
but also check the ftplogfull.txt file for any errors/clues

is it the testtags that is showing not current status, or? (its not very clear)

Brian

I only restored the .ini file not the reg as well. The testtags file is current. I have just restored both the files and so far no change. I have emailed you my settings. If you could check them at your convenience I appreciate it. The log file does not show the testtags as being available to upload. The event log also show an error with my time and date. which I have never seen before.

what does show in the ftplogfull.txt file?

Have attached

ftplogfull.zip (2.57 KB)

Learned something today :smiley:

that ftp log does not show the testtags is being uploaded?

what is the URL to where it says on your web site that its not current?

Brian,

If you look under other stuff/ status in side menu. www.wanakaweather.co.nz/weather28. Also now am unable to access the units setup under control panel. Seems every time I try I get the ding that tells me something is waiting for input and there is nothing there. I have to exit via task manager to gain access back to the program.

it sounds like you have a config window left open or a message you need to click on
use the alt tab key combo to scroll throw open windows

I have posted your special file conversion list
the extra full stop in the last local file name does not look correct

also I see you have set WD to update and upload all those custom files every minute
that is not needed
the live info comes from the clientraw file

I would untick to use every minute and instead set those files to be updated and uploaded say every 10 minutes

testtags.png

The extra . must have been there for ages as I have not edited those names since I first setup. The alt tab key only shows WD and my web browser. Control panel is behind the main WD window and I cannot access it. It only happens if I try and access the units link.

it sounds like you need to reset the control panel settings:
exit WD
then delete the settings in the wdisplay.ini file under the section
[control panel]

The settings there are:

left=436
top=143
height=450
width=742
Do I just delete them?

Sorted this bit. Thanks

yes (when WD is not running)

Brian

Thanks for your advice. These power outages are playing havoc with me. www.wanakaweather.co.nz/weather28 and under other stuff/ status is still showing some errors which I cannot fathom if anyone has any ideas. I have changed the upload settings I think.

I think you need to remove that full stop I have mentioned for starters

Have done that. All was working prior to power cut. Somehow it appears that the custom web files I have set are no longer uploading to my webserver. I cannot see what I am missing to get them loading. When I check the ftp log they do not show up. they used to.

have you changed to set them to be created and uploaded every 10 minutes, as I have suggested?

Yes and it appears that I am now uploading those files. I am still seeing an error message relating to weather data time being 2 hours behind the actual time. this is also a new thing that has not occurred before.

I am not sure what the weather data time refers to in the status and what file it is checking on
maybe a custom tag
you need to check with the author of that template

Brian,

Thanks so much for all your help. All is well now. The . in tags.WD.txt is part of the template and necessary to be placed in WD to create tagsWD.txt within template files. Consulting the WIKI was key.