Incorrect forecast in customclientrawlocal [RESOLVED]

On my console and steelgauges pages I long ago got away from the VP forecast and changed it to “forecast”:%5dayforecastday1%" in CCRLocal. Has always worked fine until today. The %5dayforecastday1% is now reporting “Today Mostly sunny. highs 78 to 81. northwest wind 5 to 15 mph.”, which is way off the path (current temp here is 98.1 and rising).

The NWS forecast updates are set to go live tomorrow (24 Apr), and Ken has just released his updates for that. Any chance that the new forecasts have messed up WD fetching them (new format, etc.)? Not pointing any fingers at all here, just seems like a big coincidence.

Running b46.

Thanks.

so you are using the noaa 5 day forecast to drive that data?
its likely that a change they have made has upset WD’s routines
and so I will need to work on that

let me look into that

it is working
but maybe the data feed that WD currently uses has stopped now

I think they are using a new api system?
I will need to get up to speed

any links for me to get up to speed?
:slight_smile:

I guess this is a place to start
https://forecast-v3.weather.gov/documentation

Thanks for looking into this, Brian. Hopefully Ken might shed some light on it as well.

what will need to happen is for people will need to enter the point location into WD
e.g
38.96,-94.62

not sure if there is some look up table to convert a zone forecast to that auto?

Those of us using Ken’s scripts have to look that up manually and enter it into the script settings.

My current azz023.txt from NOAA Forecast Download is attached which is completely wrong but has worked until now.

Thanks.

azz023.txt (1.89 KB)

its not wrong
its just that its likely old…i.e that system is no longer updating

you will need to wait until I have finished developing to use the new api

Maybe this Brian?

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/63949

Understood and agreed.

Just tried to double check my location info in Ken’s script. Mine is very different from his but it’s what comes up when following his instructions on how to obtain it. Right now weather.gov in not coming up. Maybe they started the switch early.

Would be happy to test for you when you get it done.

Thanks.

build 47 .zip update ready now to test
simply tick to use the NWS API
in the NOAA forecast download and set your needed lat/long for the point forecast
(there is a link to click to open a map so you can find the lat/long needed to enter)

Brian, thank you for the quick support. One question - will the input handle more than 2 decimal places (I used 4)?

Clicked the test button. customclientraw.txt now shows “forecast”:“new1”. No actual forecast.

the first thing I would have done was to use the default lat/long
to make sure that works
(it does here)
then I would have changed that lat/long to what is needed, using the same format
(a couple more decimal places should not matter)

if you click on the main screen icon
the 5 day forecast should show up OK
I think the problem then is with the data to the custom tags %5dayforecastday1%
that is not working
I will fix that

Well, after many years with WD that is something new to me. Do you mean the local WD screen on my PC, and, if so, where?

Thank you, Sir!

download a new .zip update

if you click on the main screen icon the 5 day forecast should show up OK Well, after many years with WD that is something new to me. Do you mean the local WD screen on my PC, and, if so, where?
the main screen icon, yes, on the WD screen

I now have “forecast”:“—”. Timestamp on the ccr.txt file is current.

Thanks.

you are now refering to
forecast":“%vpforecasttext%”
which is not %5dayforecastday1% which you orginally reported was a problem

use a new zip update

Nope. ccrlocal.txt is still “forecast”:“%5dayforecastday1%” and in ccr.txt it’s “forecast”:“—”, as is ccr.php.

The latest .zip is now up and it’s the same as above.

Thanks.