WD not creating customclientraw.txt

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can point out the error of my ways but no matter what I try I simply cannot get WD (v10.37S Build 33) to create the customclientraw.txt file.

The customclientrawlocal.txt file is located in the C:\wdisplay\FTP-EXPORT which has been setup in WD

I have created a folder located n C:\wdisplay\FTP-EXPORT, then set the config for WD to point at this folder and then have followed the various posts / videos etc for configure the realtime ftp and the net result is:

• FTP upload is working
  • clientrawdaily, clientrawextra, clientrawhour are all created and updated based on the update times set

I have attached various screen shots, I hope someone has some advice.

Thanks in advance

Ozzie

Do you have your file in this section?

Hi breck,

I did have it once and it was indeed created but then never updated so I took it out as none of the guides I found ever referenced this section.

I can put it back in but as I say over a 48 hour period it was never updated.

Hi, you then need to make sure this section is set

I see that you have windows set to hide known file extensions in the windows folder options
unset that
as you maybe it called customclientrawlocal.txt.txt or similar

also make sure that WD is pointing to the correct folder, via setting the webfiles folder, in the webfiles/web page setup

Oooo did not know about File #29, any chance you can post a screenshot of your settings?

Hope this helps

Also bear in mind what Brian said in this reply.

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/504247

Yep saw that and can confirm directories are correct as well as file extensions.

Have just made the changes to the File #29 settings so will give it a few minutes to see if the file updates.

Good luck, i have mine updating every minute, you may however need to change those times to suit your station and website setup

Yes I plan to do the same, hope fully it will all go OK :lol:

If not “i’ll be back…”

Good luck. :slight_smile:

OK I’m back…

The file is not updating :frowning:

If I go to WebFiles/Web Page Setup → Custom Web Page Setup/Meteotemplat.com and hit the Test button the file is indeed updated it just does not do it by itself at a pre determined time i.e. evey mintue.

I left it for 40+ mins and no updates at all.

You need to set the create time 1st, save, then set the upload time, then save, try that

yep did that still no joy.

Oh dear, you will have to speak to Brian then as I am out of options for you :frowning:

No Problem, Thanks for your help though much apreciated.

Hopefully he will have an idea where to point us :slight_smile:

the best thing is to .zip and email me your settings files
(see the FAQ on how to do that)

Hi Brian,

Have emailed settings over as requested :slight_smile:

Hi
I replied to your email with a suggestion of something to try
(your settings worked OK here)